Difficulty creating ice-fishing holes.

Smellyfries

Is there a reason I cannot create ice fishing holes? I just recently discovered that you already have the blueprint for Tip-Ups, and wanted to place some at Pensive Pond and Long Curve River in Pleasant Valley, but even with a heavy hammer and prybar, I am unable to break the ice open because it's an "invalid location to place object." I can't break open the ice anywhere on Pensive Pond (ignoring the fishing hut), nor the Long Curve river near the transition zone towards Blackrock. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

image.thumb.jpeg.d49875aeba75fe24485f6c529e0429cc.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Smellyfries said:

Is there a reason I cannot create ice fishing holes? I just recently discovered that you already have the blueprint for Tip-Ups, and wanted to place some at Pensive Pond and Long Curve River in Pleasant Valley, but even with a heavy hammer and prybar, I am unable to break the ice open because it's an "invalid location to place object." I can't break open the ice anywhere on Pensive Pond (ignoring the fishing hut), nor the Long Curve river near the transition zone towards Blackrock. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

image.thumb.jpeg.d49875aeba75fe24485f6c529e0429cc.jpeg

I noticed that as well, even right outside the hut it wouldn't let me...   I do have a different bug  where I can't move fish around on some of the ice so thought it might be part of that.