What's NOGOA and DMC?

bysinda

I came across those terms on this forum but never actually checked what they mean

From a quick google search, I understand those are some kind of challenges? Can someone fill me in? 

Can I get in on that? And what was 4DON like? Will there ever be another one? 

Pardon my ignorance 😁 I first installed the Long Dark back in 2021 but just recently got into this whole forum community thing

ps. If there are any other abbreviations\challenges out there, do tell :)

Edited by bysinda
  • Upvote 1

NOGOA is "No One Gets Out Alive".

DMC is "Dead Man Challenge" 

Both challenges are more or less the same, just with a few settings changed. The main thing with both challenges is health recovery is turned off. Only way to recover health is emergency stims, which give 15% condition back. No Birch Tea is allowed either, but there is a variation of DMC called "Birch Man", that does allow Birch Tea.

Here's DMC custom code that I found: 8MHM-/j8P-Dz+v-gZym-eAIK

And here's NOGOA: 8sHM-/z8P-Dz+3-QZym-XQIC

Both codes may not be 100% to what the creator's of both challenges intended. They're just codes that random people on the Steam Forums just spat out after all.

Edited by LunarLime
  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LunarLime said:

NOGOA is "No One Gets Out Alive".

DMC is "Dead Man Challenge" 

Both challenges are more or less the same, just with a few settings changed. The main thing with both challenges is health recovery is turned of. Only way to recover health is emergency stims, which give 15% condition back. No Birch Tea is allowed either, but there is a variation of DMC called "Birch Man", that does allow Birch Tea.

Here's DMC custom code that I found: 8MHM-/j8P-Dz+v-gZym-eAIK

And here's NOGOA: 8sHM-/z8P-Dz+3-QZym-XQIC

Both codes may not be 100% to what the creator's of both challenges intended. They're just codes that random people on the Steam Forums just spat out after all.

Thanks for the explanation! 

Hmmm...didn't know you can use codes in Long Dark

Most challenges are a combination of specific Custom settings (which is what the code is describing), and self-enforced rules, using the honour system.
e.g., for the Neo-Native challenge, there are rules around what you can and can't wear and what tools you can and can't use or craft, but there's no in-game way to enforce that, so it's up to the player to stick to the rules and be honest if they accidentally break them.

• Upvote 3

There's also:

Against All Odds - created by @Hadrian
(most recent) Custom Settings Code : 8oHM-Wi4P-Giou-VwVe-+uIJ

[Named after his long running TLD series on YouTube - this custom code was created and used for Against All Odds: Season 7.  The first episode of the season goes over the particulars of the custom settings... Also of note: nearly each one of the seasons has an updated version of the CSC]

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, bysinda said:

Thank you, guys 

Soooo are there events or competitions for them? For example, a post from admin or whoever saying "Next Monday starts NOGOA month! Participants post your scores!" 

@Zaknafein usually knows when tournaments are, and might have details on how to find them. 

• Upvote 1