Survivor talk, might have spoilers.

FaT McMarlin

3 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda yes that’s a great idea with the foxes. 

The rabbit in your house could be fun I think. I think there needs to be some more positive wildlife interactions, or possible positive wildlife interactions. Depending on what you chose your character to do. I mean you think large scale: wolfs that are trained and are running a sledge for you to use. I mean I know that’s kinda far fetched but I’m just thinking way outta the box here people. 

I'll take the house bunny😁

I'd like to see more interaction between the animals themselves, like the moose and bear in a stand off,or the bear chasing the wolves away.. maybe even the bear killing a deer and defending it's food.. that'd be cool.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda yes that would be awesome to watch while near a fire standing at the entrance to mountaineers hut. I can see it now, listening to Barry jump around inside 🤣

Lol..  as long as Barry doesn't lure all the wolves inside too😁

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Neat idea😊.     I do wish there were foxes in the game and we could kind of interact with them a bit.feed them a fish ,or pet them briefly. Something like that anyway.. or maybe just be able to watch them playing in the snow..   

I hardly pick them up unless I'm eating them in early game. I have eaten quite a few, but there's still places left to loot. 

I generally carry 15 to 20 when I'm out and about. If I'm going to TW territory I try to carry 30. Best part is there's still so many saplings to harvest,12 or so cured or curing and like 30 to 40 shafts waiting for creating replacement arrows.

My only request is a cougar before anything lol foxes would be cool to see hunting rabbits and ptarmigan, wolves chasing them lol get some snow fox mittens identical to the rabbit mits.

I'll take the house bunny😁

I'd like to see more interaction between the animals themselves, like the moose and bear in a stand off,or the bear chasing the wolves away.. maybe even the bear killing a deer and defending it's food.. that'd be cool.

I think TW kill other wolves as well as everything else.

But a stand off between the moose and bear would be a food reserve for months lol I'd help the bear kill the moose and then kill the bear. I think it would be crazy to be able to distract a bear with an easier hunt like a deer. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I hardly pick them up unless I'm eating them in early game. I have eaten quite a few, but there's still places left to loot. 

I generally carry 15 to 20 when I'm out and about. If I'm going to TW territory I try to carry 30. Best part is there's still so many saplings to harvest,12 or so cured or curing and like 30 to 40 shafts waiting for creating replacement arrows.

My only request is a cougar before anything lol foxes would be cool to see hunting rabbits and ptarmigan, wolves chasing them lol get some snow fox mittens identical to the rabbit mits.

I seem to be finding hardly any.. I know I took a few from mystery lake but there should be more than that. I've also scoured forlorn and only found one birch sapling... I know I haven't taken any from there before.   

I think with t-wolves it's best to have lots of ammo,whatever weapon you use,those things don't stand still ...ever😁.   

Mittens?  No!!!!!   🥺😅. He's not for killing. You monster😁

1 minute ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I think TW kill other wolves as well as everything else.

But a stand off between the moose and bear would be a food reserve for months lol I'd help the bear kill the moose and then kill the bear. I think it would be crazy to be able to distract a bear with an easier hunt like a deer. 

In game maybe,there are a few regular wolf carcasses,one being in bleak of course. 

Irl. I think lone wolves only get attacked if encroaching a packs territory.   Arctic wolves are so rare that there's only usually a few anyway but it's a brutal life up there for them..

I didn't mean we can herd deer towards bears, that could seriously backfire on us. You know how unpredictable those deer are for picking directions to run in😁

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@Leeanda yes that’s a great idea with the foxes. 

The rabbit in your house could be fun I think. I think there needs to be some more positive wildlife interactions, or possible positive wildlife interactions. Depending on what you chose your character to do. I mean you think large scale: wolfs that are trained and are running a sledge for you to use. I mean I know that’s kinda far fetched but I’m just thinking way outta the box here people. 

Maybe those positive interactions could be a new skill “One with Nature”. Something you have to level to be able to more things with. Starting small like a rabbit in your house etc

I like the house rabbit. A small little fuzzy meal waiting to be needed.

Nature's wrath and fury as the main struggle in the game would be lessened so much if you could gather a team of wolves to help you get around carrying large loads of materials. While I kill allot of wolves, no matter what, a mistake gets you downed. Also companions would be so cool and fun to have, it's you vs nature and I don't want that to change.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

In game maybe,there are a few regular wolf carcasses,one being in bleak of course. 

Irl. I think lone wolves only get attacked if encroaching a packs territory.   Arctic wolves are so rare that there's only usually a few anyway but it's a brutal life up there for them..

I didn't mean we can herd deer towards bears, that could seriously backfire on us. You know how unpredictable those deer are for picking directions to run in😁

Oh that would backfire to the scale of your run just ended, but imagine being on a elevated position and seeing a bear naturally run down a deer or moose like the wolves do. The PV birch forest would be a great place to hang out if both spawns are active.

I've found the wolf by Fools Corner completely ravaged after I ran in there with TW on my heals. He was living and running when I hit the rope. He was ravaged when I came back up. I think they are only programed to run from bears and moose, everything else is food.

In real life i have no idea how packs work. I thought they could be accepting of new numbers to add if the have the right personality and resources available.

I'm a monster for sure lol. Indoor bunny, you mean food that's trapped waiting for processing. 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Oh that would backfire to the scale of your run just ended, but imagine being on a elevated position and seeing a bear naturally run down a deer or moose like the wolves do. The PV birch forest would be a great place to hang out if both spawns are active.

I've found the wolf by Fools Corner completely ravaged after I ran in there with TW on my heals. He was living and running when I hit the rope. He was ravaged when I came back up. I think they are only programed to run from bears and moose, everything else is food.

In real life i have no idea how packs work. I thought they could be accepting of new numbers to add if the have the right personality and resources available.

I'm a monster for sure lol. Indoor bunny, you mean food that's trapped waiting for processing. 😂😂😂😂😂

I have both those spawns😁.    I can imagine the wolves running for the hills too if that happened.

Fools corner? Where's that? Lol,said I was lousy with names. 

The only dead ones I've seen have always been dead from the beginning,never seen any suddenly appearing like that...   Sounds like a weird bug.🤔

No...I didn't mean a trapped dinner😅

• Like 1

@conanjaguar and @FaT McMarlin. You are both monsters 😁

Yes'em but only in games. 

Fools Corner is in BRP near the prepper bunker and one route to the mine in the upper right corner. Screenshot_20230724-182204.thumb.png.2d8bbc7f5ae7edc50b0f4018cd669701.png

I don't know if it was a bug or not. Fine with me if they eat them lol. I don't particularly need a any more furry friends giving me hugs.

Imagine being able to take the bunny with you. Every wolf in the game wants your friend. 

Unrelated to any of this. I know that the fluffy used to be in the Carter dam. What if the new cougar lived in winding river and the lower half of the damn. Using the window as an entrance in and out. That would be awesome in my opinion.

2 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

A survivor after my own heart 😁.

Lol yeah, but @Leeandais right, we're monsters stuck in a frozen world of monsters. Kill or be killed. At least that's how I play. Rocks mixed with blizzards boredom would be unfortunate for the rabbit in my place. Concussion city with a one way ticket departing now. Lol sorry Leeanda.

But to be honest, there would be so many people who would adore and care for the bunny. Happy to have a little buddy that when you wake up, you find sleeping in bed next to you  or safe in a little bunny bed it made from a pillow it found and drug up there. 

• Upvote 2

I say we all vote for House Bunny!

I mean as I was saying it might be a perk we have to earn “one with nature”, it may even earn you other perks like being able to craft camouflage gear to help with hunting, make bear spray, and catch a rabbit as your own. It may even be that the house bunny if you feed it something it gives you a temporary buff of some kind. That way people won’t kill it @FaT McMarlin😊

Edited by TwoFatCatz
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

I say we all vote for House Bunny!

I mean as I was saying it might be a perk we have to earn “one with nature”, it may even earn you other perks like being able to craft camouflage gear to help with hunting, make bear spray, and catch a rabbit as your own. It may even be that the house bunny if you feed it something it gives you a temporary buff of some kind. That way people won’t kill it @FaT McMarlin😊

Bear spray? Like a blood mist in the air to lure the bear towards a specific spot? That would make ambushing them all to easy. 

Lol I'm down for a perk that helps you avoid unwanted encounters and makes hunting easier. Tracking would be a cool perk, animal prints and blood stay visible longer, a home made snow ghillie suit for an accessory slot to really keep  your visibility to 15ft, does nothing for your scent though. Raw meats raw meat.

Lol I'm pretty sure if it's up to me to keep the bunny alive by feeding it, my 3 week trips around GBI will kill it on its own. Poor little guy would starve. And well, a free meal is a free meal. 

@FaT McMarlin what do you mean by outdoor base? Cave?

Because hands down my favourite base is Mountaineers hut! Yet I could be wrong but I think that’s kinda considered outside? Yet inside?

I fell in love with that base the first time I saw it (thanks Zak 😁).  I wanted to take my main character there but didn’t want to be foolish so took a new character there on pilgrim….and instantly….wow. The main thing for me is no loading screen.

‘I’m currently making YouTube content, yet to be released but I love that there is no loading screen. Plus the scenery! And I just hate the loading screen all the time. 

so please if you can give me a definition of indoor/outdoor then I can answer correctly. 😊

Edited by TwoFatCatz

1 hour ago, TwoFatCatz said:

@FaT McMarlin and the bunny could be kept alive with a feeding box/trough so you  could be gone months and he would still be there to give you a buff if you hand feed him when you return. 

I can fill a trough with food lol. Guess we're sharing bear meat lol.

I guess I should have considered the question more lol I forget there's so many different types. By indoor I mean any building with man made walls, outdoor doesn't even have to be a cave. You could have found an enjoyable plateau somewhere, set up a snow shelter and it's where you do your hording. I'm pretty new to the game and just looking for new places to go explore and find.

10 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Yes'em but only in games. 

Fools Corner is in BRP near the prepper bunker and one route to the mine in the upper right corner. Screenshot_20230724-182204.thumb.png.2d8bbc7f5ae7edc50b0f4018cd669701.png

I don't know if it was a bug or not. Fine with me if they eat them lol. I don't particularly need a any more furry friends giving me hugs.

Imagine being able to take the bunny with you. Every wolf in the game wants your friend. 

Unrelated to any of this. I know that the fluffy used to be in the Carter dam. What if the new cougar lived in winding river and the lower half of the damn. Using the window as an entrance in and out. That would be awesome in my opinion.

Oh BlackRock ,thanks.   I know roughly where that is ..from picturing myself there I mean. 

You'd throw that bunny at the wolves I reckon😁.  

Blimey fluffy was bad enough in the dam, at least you had a tiny chance of escaping .the cougar would annihilate you😁

10 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Lol yeah, but @Leeandais right, we're monsters stuck in a frozen world of monsters. Kill or be killed. At least that's how I play. Rocks mixed with blizzards boredom would be unfortunate for the rabbit in my place. Concussion city with a one way ticket departing now. Lol sorry Leeanda.

But to be honest, there would be so many people who would adore and care for the bunny. Happy to have a little buddy that when you wake up, you find sleeping in bed next to you  or safe in a little bunny bed it made from a pillow it found and drug up there. 

You are right though, we have become monsters in a way. But in real life no one really knows how they'll react to these situations until it actually happens.. I'd probably be dead after five minutes lol. 

But you're still a monster😂

Oh BlackRock ,thanks.   I know roughly where that is ..from picturing myself there I mean. 

You'd throw that bunny at the wolves I reckon😁.  

Blimey fluffy was bad enough in the dam, at least you had a tiny chance of escaping .the cougar would annihilate you😁

You are right though, we have become monsters in a way. But in real life no one really knows how they'll react to these situations until it actually happens.. I'd probably be dead after five minutes lol. 

But you're still a monster😂

I guess I should have specified the region in the original message.

I don't share food, if anything I'd use the little guy for bait if anything but since I'm a monster, is keep him at home as living food reserve. 😅😅😅

In that situation in real life, I wouldn't call you a monster. Doing what needs to be done to survive is only natural. Hunting bears like I do is counter productive to sustaining life. You would drive all living creatures far far away. They would learn your scent and at the faintest wif would cause predators and prey alike to flee. 

Longest I survived was 2 months in the woods. Best summer of my life lol but I wasn't even 5 miles from home, so I was never truly in danger. No real predators around, so the biggest concern I had was water.

I just keep thinking of different places they could possibly put the cougar to cause the most terror. I honestly hope I can't kill the first one I run into. I hope it's so different, no one has a clue what to do. Run and get run down, fight and get brutally mauled. Throw torches and just piss it off.

7 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I guess I should have specified the region in the original message.

I don't share food, if anything I'd use the little guy for bait if anything but since I'm a monster, is keep him at home as living food reserve. 😅😅😅

In that situation in real life, I wouldn't call you a monster. Doing what needs to be done to survive is only natural. Hunting bears like I do is counter productive to sustaining life. You would drive all living creatures far far away. They would learn your scent and at the faintest wif would cause predators and prey alike to flee. 

Longest I survived was 2 months in the woods. Best summer of my life lol but I wasn't even 5 miles from home, so I was never truly in danger. No real predators around, so the biggest concern I had was water.

I just keep thinking of different places they could possibly put the cougar to cause the most terror. I honestly hope I can't kill the first one I run into. I hope it's so different, no one has a clue what to do. Run and get run down, fight and get brutally mauled. Throw torches and just piss it off.

No problem, I still wouldn't have recognised the specific part anyway without the map..

Lol.   Why not two and leave them to breed .you'd have a whole house full of dinners 😁 

I panicked in the woods after half an hour once..😁. It was very disorienting actually.... 

Give me a map and compass and I'm fine though... Thanks to army cadets.. mind you getting lost and starving to death are not the same thing😁.    I still doubt I could kill anything ,except insects and id rather starve than eat them🤢.  Our biggest predators are foxes and badgers so no real threat..

How about transfer pass...high ledges on both sides,no escape except back or onwards into further danger...it's certainly an enclosed space.