Survivor talk, might have spoilers.

FaT McMarlin

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Wish list maybe😊

Lol.theyd probably scare anything😁.   Between that green balaclava and her feet she really would look like a swamp monster

Really it's your idea, if I added it to the wish list I'd feel just a little like an idea thief.

4 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Lol a frost bitten green faces gnarled feet monster from the Muskeg.

Maybe. I'm just excited to see what comes next.

Me too..   I hope the camera is still on the cards.. I'd like to decorate my base with some of my favourite views.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TwoFatCatz said:

I’d also like it, if you could catch a rabbit and release it in your house. I don’t know why I’d just like the company 😊

I'd like to garden as well, but that destroys a little of the finite nature of the game, no worse than beach combing, but it does make since. Especially if it takes weeks and weeks to grow them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

That'd be good..  maybe it's part of the base customisation coming up...

I mean, I'm kinda happy with what we can do. I find it relaxing I don't need to build a base. Having said that, I wish we could build wooden things like tables and shelves. Take the feathers and add them to any bed, 30 gets you 25 F boost to any bed, 10 for repair of 40 percent. Add the feathers to bear roll. Build gun racks for fire places. I don't want to be able to build a fence or shelter of my own design. I hope we're never able to create safety beyond the fire.

It would take a different harvesting option called taxidermist and you get half the meat and guts to harvest, no hide. But you get a trophy to mount above a bed or something like that. Takes something stupid like 15 days to cure, 35 hours to craft at a work bench with 5 fir wood, ludicrous amounts of feathers and leather. All you get is a head to place on a wall. Everything but the rabbits could be stuffed and mounted.

But what ever the devs give us is what we're getting. Doesn't change anything, I've got my bear skin floor 😂😂😂😂😁😁😁

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I mean, I'm kinda happy with what we can do. I find it relaxing I don't need to build a base. Having said that, I wish we could build wooden things like tables and shelves. Take the feathers and add them to any bed, 30 gets you 25 F boost to any bed, 10 for repair of 40 percent. Add the feathers to bear roll. Build gun racks for fire places. I don't want to be able to build a fence or shelter of my own design. I hope we're never able to create safety beyond the fire.

It would take a different harvesting option called taxidermist and you get half the meat and guts to harvest, no hide. But you get a trophy to mount above a bed or something like that. Takes something stupid like 15 days to cure, 35 hours to craft at a work bench with 5 fir wood, ludicrous amounts of feathers and leather. All you get is a head to place on a wall. Everything but the rabbits could be stuffed and mounted.

But what ever the devs give us is what we're getting. Doesn't change anything, I've got my bear skin floor 😂😂😂😂😁😁😁

I don't think it's going to be anything that drastic,maybe just tidying up a bit ,fixing holes in roofs that kind of thing..  but that moose head on the wall would be cool.  😁

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I don't think it's going to be anything that drastic,maybe just tidying up a bit ,fixing holes in roofs that kind of thing..  but that moose head on the wall would be cool.  😁

Right!!! We go through so much with the moose and bear to bring one down at times. It would be so sweet to have. Hopefully we get a new dev diary soon!!!!

7 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Right!!! We go through so much with the moose and bear to bring one down at times. It would be so sweet to have. Hopefully we get a new dev diary soon!!!!

Well I'm hoping consoles get the hotfix before the next release but I'll be happy  to see the next Dev diary. Shouldn't be far away now.

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Well I'm hoping consoles get the hotfix before the next release but I'll be happy  to see the next Dev diary. Shouldn't be far away now.

Hit fix for what? Am I so new that I don't know what's a bug and not a feature lol 😅😅😅😅

26 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Hit fix for what? Am I so new that I don't know what's a bug and not a feature lol 😅😅😅😅

I'm on Xbox so I'm missing ptarmigans,memento notes, some recipes and the hunters revolver. Plus other little bug fixes that pc has already had.   

• Upvote 1

Just now, Leeanda said:

I'm on Xbox so I'm missing ptarmigans,memento notes, some recipes and the hunters revolver. Plus other little bug fixes that pc has already had.   

I hadn't even noticed the momentos not showing up. Or the recipes. I kinda figured I just hadn't looked in the right places. If the hunters revolver is bugged, that explains why I can't find it in the bunker. I just thought I was looking in the wrong places. 

7 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I hadn't even noticed the momentos not showing up. Or the recipes. I kinda figured I just hadn't looked in the right places. If the hunters revolver is bugged, that explains why I can't find it in the bunker. I just thought I was looking in the wrong places. 

It's not all of the notes and recipes just some of them..    having the radial sorted would really help too. Not being able to sleep in cars is a bit awkward in some places.   But no,it's not just you, the revolver is absent for a lot of people..

23 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

It's not all of the notes and recipes just some of them..    having the radial sorted would really help too. Not being able to sleep in cars is a bit awkward in some places.   But no,it's not just you, the revolver is absent for a lot of people..

Are you not being able to sleep in a car? It's that because you can't use the radial for the improvised or bear roll? Since you're in Xbox, does clicking the right stick down not add it?  I don't use the items, so I haven't experienced in bugs like not being able to sleep in a car.

I see, it's not like I take the time to actually make the new food. I hunt the ptarmigan only when I'm bored of whatever mission I'm on lol but since that's usually looking for bears, I'm hardly bored.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Are you not being able to sleep in a car? It's that because you can't use the radial for the improvised or bear roll? Since you're in Xbox, does clicking the right stick down not add it?  I don't use the items, so I haven't experienced in bugs like not being able to sleep in a car.

I see, it's not like I take the time to actually make the new food. I hunt the ptarmigan only when I'm bored of whatever mission I'm on lol but since that's usually looking for bears, I'm hardly bored.

I can without a bedroll but  some places are just too cold during blizzards for that..  I can't do it via the inventory either  ..   

I don't mind the recipes so much but I can't make half of them anyway because you need the birds to make the broth...    The recipes do tend to have a shorter lifespan,well most I've made anyway.. I just ate two peach pies because they were nearly ruined and I wanted to sleep the headaches off rather than get the rainbow migraine for several hours🤢😁.  

All that killing you do does make the recipes a bit moot😂

35 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I can without a bedroll but  some places are just too cold during blizzards for that..  I can't do it via the inventory either  ..   

I don't mind the recipes so much but I can't make half of them anyway because you need the birds to make the broth...    The recipes do tend to have a shorter lifespan,well most I've made anyway.. I just ate two peach pies because they were nearly ruined and I wanted to sleep the headaches off rather than get the rainbow migraine for several hours🤢😁.  

All that killing you do does make the recipes a bit moot😂

That's horrible. I consider the car out in front of the farm a second home. I'll stave off cabin fever before I leave the farm there. Just so I don't get caught in a pinch. You really do need the radial fixed, I'm sorry!!!!!!!

They spoil within 2 days it seems. Doesn't matter if it's indoor or outdoor. I wish you could reheat the porridge. The bannok is lite enough for travel. But your right. I do kill allot.  With my love of the a good bear hunt, and a little doggo friend never far behind I'm always full of meat and guts. It's a never ending cycle. It's a shame I don't even eat half the wolves. Cook a few good bites and go. There will be more to eat soon enough. 60 percent I don't even bother harvesting. 

2 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

That's horrible. I consider the car out in front of the farm a second home. I'll stave off cabin fever before I leave the farm there. Just so I don't get caught in a pinch. You really do need the radial fixed, I'm sorry!!!!!!!

They spoil within 2 days it seems. Doesn't matter if it's indoor or outdoor. I wish you could reheat the porridge. The bannok is lite enough for travel. But your right. I do kill allot.  With my love of the a good bear hunt, and a little doggo friend never far behind I'm always full of meat and guts. It's a never ending cycle. It's a shame I don't even eat half the wolves. Cook a few good bites and go. There will be more to eat soon enough. 60 percent I don't even bother harvesting. 

It's not your fault😊.  It's no one's really.. I can see why they had to take things off the radial and it'll get done in the next fix hopefully.. I just have to be more conscious of the weather for now..  

I'm not too bothered about the peach pies but lily's pancakes were going to be my celebratory meal on day 500. But they're already down to 50% and I've got 130+ days to go.. I might have to eat them both on day 400 instead.   Reheating them would be neat too.   

Well not harvesting them means it takes longer for them to respawn  and more feathers so that's a good thing .

36 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

It's not your fault😊.  It's no one's really.. I can see why they had to take things off the radial and it'll get done in the next fix hopefully.. I just have to be more conscious of the weather for now..  

I'm not too bothered about the peach pies but lily's pancakes were going to be my celebratory meal on day 500. But they're already down to 50% and I've got 130+ days to go.. I might have to eat them both on day 400 instead.   Reheating them would be neat too.   

Well not harvesting them means it takes longer for them to respawn  and more feathers so that's a good thing .

Ooo that means you can't enjoy a good a good view with the pancakes. Maybe you can find more ingredients!!! 

The ones that get left are usually the ones I kill while i travel. They've generally despawned by the time I come back. I touch very few of the dead deer laying around so I get my feathers there. But honestly I've got some 100 arrows, and 3 or 4 bows at 100 percent stashed in prime locations. I'm not truly hurting for them. Or really anything. I could settle into PV for the rest of my 500 days if I went to a forge for a few days. I am headed to DP but it's mostly just moving tons of coal there. Gotta grab the pelts I have there and in CH anyway. 

19 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Ooo that means you can't enjoy a good a good view with the pancakes. Maybe you can find more ingredients!!! 

The ones that get left are usually the ones I kill while i travel. They've generally despawned by the time I come back. I touch very few of the dead deer laying around so I get my feathers there. But honestly I've got some 100 arrows, and 3 or 4 bows at 100 percent stashed in prime locations. I'm not truly hurting for them. Or really anything. I could settle into PV for the rest of my 500 days if I went to a forge for a few days. I am headed to DP but it's mostly just moving tons of coal there. Gotta grab the pelts I have there and in CH anyway. 

I have got the ingredients to make more but the peaches are in really bad condition.  I'll just have to hope they last.. 

I don't really bother with the deer carcasses either..  unless I'm running really low on food in a remote area.

100 arrows?  Blimey I thought I'd got too many at about 60, and I always lose about 10 every time I hunt the moose with it..  you should have plenty to last until day 1000 I reckon.

20 hours ago, TwoFatCatz said:

I’d also like it, if you could catch a rabbit and release it in your house. I don’t know why I’d just like the company 😊

Neat idea😊.     I do wish there were foxes in the game and we could kind of interact with them a bit.feed them a fish ,or pet them briefly. Something like that anyway.. or maybe just be able to watch them playing in the snow..   

@Leeanda yes that’s a great idea with the foxes. 

The rabbit in your house could be fun I think. I think there needs to be some more positive wildlife interactions, or possible positive wildlife interactions. Depending on what you chose your character to do. I mean you think large scale: wolfs that are trained and are running a sledge for you to use. I mean I know that’s kinda far fetched but I’m just thinking way outta the box here people. 

Maybe those positive interactions could be a new skill “One with Nature”. Something you have to level to be able to more things with. Starting small like a rabbit in your house etc

Edited by TwoFatCatz
  • Upvote 1