Arrow Durability Bugged?

I noticed last night that after crafting a bunch of Fire-Hardened Arrows for Ptarmigan hunting, that after two kills with a single arrow, it breaks. I'm not sure if that's the expected durability of these or not, but that seems like a huge durability hit for small prey.

I also had a stack of regular arrows at around 47% that are all breaking upon impact with the next shot when hitting the target. I thought the durability loss from hitting the target was less than that of hitting a rock/ice, which is around 25% damage, so I'm a bit confused.

Anyone with any kind of feedback or experiencing something similar?

• Upvote 1

@Merrak I too was wondering about this yesterday. All my arrows seemed to lose a lot of durability quickly….however I’m a custom player and have my loot spawn too very high so I’ve always tended to use a gun when hunting so I’m not overly familiar with arrows. But like I said i lost a heap of durability when out hunting yesterday and it too made me scratch my head 🤣

Also on that note I’m using the “durable sports bow” which is now down to only %70.  Does anyone know if this can be fixed at say a milling machine? Because otherwise it’s not that durable. Maybe I should wait and get archery to level 5 first…..

Edited by TwoFatCatz
Wanted to add something

Fire hardened arrows last for two hits on rabbits and look to be about as durable with respect to ptarmigans.  About 54% loss in condition per  hit.  

Simple arrows last three to maybe four hits on deer and animals in general.  About 31% loss in condition per hit.  

I should go back to Pleasant Valley and bring one or more of the four bows - not quite sure how I got there - as my working bow (survival) is down to 75% and I always worry about things running out.  

I play vanilla Pilgrim.  

Haven't found or used the variant bows in the game so no experience with them.  They may become repairable some time down the road, but I would not count on it.  Crampons were initially not repairable but eventually were made repairable so there is some hope.  

I wouldn't mind being able to dispose of a ruined survival bow.  Don't even need to harvest it just be able to make it go away without littering.  

Time to start harvesting crow feathers, I guess.

Once Pts (ptarmigans) are working in custom games, I plan to hunt them exclusively with FHAs so I can take out the whole flock without scaring them away.  Then again, once I've created the Improvised Insulation and Improvised Down Bedrolls, won't have much use for feathers.

@UTC-10 in my opinion all variants should be reparable, otherwise what’s the point? They just sit in your base and look pretty 🤣. Like you I too hope it’s something they add.

@hozz1235 I am hoping down the road we can use their feathers for fishing lures or more homemade products. I wonder what they meant when they said they will update custom games with the next update? Do they mean hotfix or do we have to wait for the next big update….