Improved Bedroll is bugged

First, thanks for that amazing addition. Twice as much warmth for only 0.10 kg weight more is an amazing trade, i really like the new crafts and cooking system so far :)

But the Bedroll wont show up in radial menu (also the new pan wont), and placing it from inventory is a little.. annoying :P

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, DaPepster said:

I've noticed that too.  A bit worrying not seeing it there when I go to use it and then annoying when I have to go into the my backpack to put it down.

Yep absolutely. Every time i finished sheltering in a cave, i check on the radial menu if i have my bedroll and pots with me before i keep going again. When i first started with the game like 5 years ago, i died at some point because i forgot the bedroll. Since then, thats a habit and not seeing it is a bit strange :D

It seem they are running out of room on the radial.  I'd suggest removing the Drop Decoy (that takes up a whole slice of the radial pie and they keyboard shortcut is much faster) and putting a bunch of stuff there.  Then again, not sure how that would affect console players.

• Upvote 2

On 6/24/2023 at 1:29 PM, Shadox said:

Yep absolutely. Every time i finished sheltering in a cave, i check on the radial menu if i have my bedroll and pots with me before i keep going again. When i first started with the game like 5 years ago, i died at some point because i forgot the bedroll. Since then, thats a habit and not seeing it is a bit strange :D

A slight panic attack every time xD "what?what??where??did I...? Ah, here you are, phew" 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, bysinda said:

I'm guessing lopers aren't getting new bedroll? I haven't seen it in my craft menu 

Its there, im loper as well. Click the hatchet symbol on craft menu, it should be the one furthermost down, at least on german localization. If its alphabetically sorted, it might be somewhere in the middle in english.

Freaking love that thing, extra safety just like the bearroll but still very light :) Only downside is that repair cost 5 down feathers as well, so not as easy to repair as the normal one, which is the reason im not gonna craft the accessory unless i find another flock of ptarmigans.

32 minutes ago, bysinda said:

A slight panic attack every time xD "what?what??where??did I...? Ah, here you are, phew" 

Haha yep, exactly. Im especially paranoid in HRV and Blackrock.

34 minutes ago, Shadox said:

Its there, im loper as well. Click the hatchet symbol on craft menu, it should be the one furthermost down, at least on german localization. If its alphabetically sorted, it might be somewhere in the middle in english.

Freaking love that thing, extra safety just like the bearroll but still very light :) Only downside is that repair cost 5 down feathers as well, so not as easy to repair as the normal one, which is the reason im not gonna craft the accessory unless i find another flock of ptarmigans.

Haha yep, exactly. Im especially paranoid in HRV and Blackrock.

Damn, seriously? I looked at the crafting items list (which is not very long i might add) like 3 times up and down and I haven't seen it! Either I'm blind or it's a bug 🤷‍♀️ gonna give it another thorough look tomorrow. 

I had a very good luck with Ptarmigans so far. Ash canyon, Timberwolve, pleasant valley. I have like 30 feathers and that's me being lazy

Yeah, not being able to use it from the radial menu means we can't use the down-stuffed bedroll in cars and snow shelters. Still a very welcome addition, I absolutely love the thing. The 5 down requirement to repair is absolutely reasonable, once you know the Ptarmigan nesting spots you just come back there regularly. I think I shot about three full flocks in a couple hours today ( Going from MT to ML ). They seems to function in a very similar manner to the rabbit groves. 

I do think they're reworking the radial, hence the absence of the right click placement function and some key tools there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 4:40 PM, Enigmaecho said:

The bear bedroll removal is temporary it’s likely they’ll have the same slot it’s probably the same with pan and pot maybe, maybe they’re doing a radial rework or something 

We will provide an update as soon as the Bedroll is added back to the Radial Menu. Thanks! 

• Upvote 3