Hinterland, please hire me.

Toki1666

I can bug test for you, and find every bug in under a week, I can't really tell you how to fix em, but I can most definitely find and give an extensive report on them. I'll even give you some clips and a step by step write up on how to replicate each one. Just slide in my DM's and let me know, I'm real cheap.

• Upvote 1

I wish you luck on your job hunt. I tried to apply for a job with them once, but they didn't have anything available for me. Or I didn't quite make their criteria. But if your looking for a job in this sort of industry, a QA tester is a good start, but don't stick with it for too long. Being a QA tester can be rather exhausting in terms of staying motivated. Believe me, playing the same game over & over looses its fun. Furthermore, there is a lot more to QA testing than just finding bugs. Remember that👍

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Thank you all for the support and kind words! And I know it won't be all sunshine and rainbows, but it's always been a dream of mine to play video games for a living, especially one that I can really put this much time into. There's certain games that when I find and start playing them, they turn into a lifestyle for me, I almost hyper fixate on them for a very long amount of time. Like for instance, I still play Diablo 2 pretty religiously as well, and that game has been out for about 20 years.

Update...... They said no 😭

Hopefully they get some better testers though tbh, because a lot of those bugs and glitches were immediately noticeable, not like low-key stuff that's easily missed, but literal screeching rabbits on loop, bears phasing between dimensions, Astrid suddenly having emphysema, and interiors failing to load. Feels like the testers didn't play the game whatsoever, and just ran it through some basic protocol on the testing program they use.

I really appreciate you guys, it kind of sucks that people far more talented than I didn't even get accepted, because all they really need is 1 really good QA person!! I was low-key pretty bummed about it, and then the whole fps options not being there on series S and not getting fixed with the hotfix kind of killed the game for me. I really dislike being away from a save for too long, as it kills all the immersion of that character for me, but I can't deal with the fps drop, it gives me migraines. Here's hoping they can figure it out soon, before I end up getting into something else as my main game until Starfield hits and really consumes my life.

• Upvote 1

Beeing QA myself I report every bug I encounter. But I beeing part of the QA team for The Long Dark game? I would hesitate. Not because I dont like Hinterland. But TLD is my entertainment. I think part of it would dissipate if one is part of the team. Plus I dont think that QA plays the game  all day long. I would suspect there are hours of watching log files. Just like I was today :D 

• Upvote 1