DLC Part 3 - Many ingredients are found at 0% RUINED status. I can't store them so I need to drop them on the floor to save them for later. Is it possible to increase the status in a future hotfix?

Survival Stalker, 150 days survived. 

Greetings everyone. Thank you for this DLC update.

• I'm concerned that many ingredients I've found are at 0% RUINED state making them unable to store them in containers since the game deletes them automatically, Is it possible to change the probability of finding them at between 50% to 75% in a future hotfix, I believe this will make the feature more approachable ?
  • I'm also worried the long term sustainability of this improved cooking feature since many ingredients are non renewable and depend solely of looting, so in a way perhaps we have a very limited amount of tasty food to create, they also weight quite a lot combined together. Perhaps a future "ingredient pouch" feature could be used to provide around 2 kg extra space for food ingredients ? We all know we'll use that extra space for extra cooked food in the end hey at least the idea is there.

Thank you very much for your time reading.

1NKLHpo.jpg

Seems like maybe the devs should have been a bit more discriminating about the condition of recipe ingredients.  Or maybe they left those on the same time line decay as meat and fish (roughly about 100 days) instead of the more general time line decay of 1,000 days. 

They did mention that they'll be changing and polishing the cooking system along the way, maybe that will be one of those things

However,  I never store food in boxes anyway, so it doesn't disappear and I can eat once I've reached level 5 cooking.   

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bysinda said:

They did mention that they'll be changing and polishing the cooking system along the way, maybe that will be one of those things

However,  I never store food in boxes anyway, so it doesn't disappear and I can eat once I've reached level 5 cooking.   

This is a huge relief since the developers designed a fairly innovative system that is much too excellent to not take advantage of. Perhaps, unknowingly, they have begun something that will considerably improve The Long Dark's crafting and culinary systems...? That would be really encouraging!

I'm in day 260 in voyageur and I'm running, sprinting all the regions trying to find some ingredients and put them onto the ground because items in the containers dissappear after they are ruined. This is the only strategy, it seems.

I've suggested an airdrop of ingredient items for the people who are in a long run in the whishlist section, and I really hope the dev team will consider this in the future. Also some ingredients should be coming from renewable sources like oil from fish or salt from boiling seasalt etc. (As someone suggested those in this forum and I 100% agree with it. 

But for now, we can do little but run to the locations that have ingredients and put them onto the ground. I think we can use 0% condition items nevertheless (I have a cooking skill 5 and if I would be able to cook ruined meat I should use the ruined items as well). I haven't tried cooking a recipe item (I'm still running around doing logistics) and I should say it is fun to have ingredients in the game!

• Upvote 1

On my ~610 Days Interloper Sandbox, the flour and oil was also ruined, but i found some carrots and potatos (and there are even specialized bags for them now, one has been in the milton farm) in 100% Condition. But they seem to decay very fast, i lost about 40% condition of them in 1 Day. I dont store them, and i will probably only use them on my Gunloper alts. For now, the new ingredients serve only as decoration for the Trappers Cabin Table :P

• Upvote 1

I think the "improved cooking system" was intended by the developers for players with 1 - 50 survival days. However, many devoted players have 100-500 survival day sandboxes like us. I know it's survival, but it's also a game where you can have fun and appreciate the features. I believe we all would be benefitted from reasonable and slow decay rates for these ingredients (its also in winter so cold temperature may help to it...?).

It's quite ironic to design a promising cooking system but not being able to use entirely with 0% decay because  its a survival game .

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, ChaosArchbishop said:

It's quite ironic to design a promising cooking system but not being able to use entirely with 0% decay because  its a survival game .

You can use them. Prepared an Oatmeal from 0% condition, the cooked one had 100% condition.

On 6/21/2023 at 8:11 PM, ChaosArchbishop said:

Survival Stalker, 150 days survived. 

Greetings everyone. Thank you for this DLC update.

• I'm concerned that many ingredients I've found are at 0% RUINED state making them unable to store them in containers since the game deletes them automatically, Is it possible to change the probability of finding them at between 50% to 75% in a future hotfix, I believe this will make the feature more approachable ?
  • I'm also worried the long term sustainability of this improved cooking feature since many ingredients are non renewable and depend solely of looting, so in a way perhaps we have a very limited amount of tasty food to create, they also weight quite a lot combined together. Perhaps a future "ingredient pouch" feature could be used to provide around 2 kg extra space for food ingredients ? We all know we'll use that extra space for extra cooked food in the end hey at least the idea is there.

Thank you very much for your time reading.

1NKLHpo.jpg

Thank you for your patience. We continue to look into this. Can you please file a Support ticket and include your save, and we will investigate further? http://hinterlandgames.com/support

Once you have filed the ticket, please reach out via direct message with the email you used, and we will follow up directly. Thanks! 

7 hours ago, Admin said:

Thank you for your patience. We continue to look into this. Can you please file a Support ticket and include your save, and we will investigate further? http://hinterlandgames.com/support

Once you have filed the ticket, please reach out via direct message with the email you used, and we will follow up directly. Thanks! 

Sure thing, tomorrow's morning I'll fill it. Thank you very much for taking the time to check on this! 

On 6/27/2023 at 3:31 PM, Admin said:

Done.