What's your favourite weapon ?

Leeanda

I tried to do this as a poll but it wouldn't let me... Or I'm too daft to figure it out 😊.  

So what's your favourite and why? 

Rifle 

Bow 

Revolver 

Flare gun 

Bare fists and lady luck 

Mine is the rifle  ,now the curators since the update. It's got good range ,   I know it's not the lightest of weapons but Im more accurate with it than any of the others so I'm happy to make the sacrifice.   It's a very pretty piece too😊.     

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Until I hit level 5 Archery, I use rifle.  Once I hit level 5 Archery, bow for everything but moose.

Why not the bow on the moose?   

I know I've only just started getting the hang of the bow but I still have serious problems with the moose.  My shots are always way off. 

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Why not the bow on the moose?   

I know I've only just started getting the hang of the bow but I still have serious problems with the moose.  My shots are always way off. 

A few reasons:

• Moose don't bleed out and I've been under the assumption bows are better for bleed effect
  • I like to shoot them from long range (which is easier with the rifle) to give me time to run if he charges
  • They tend to be in areas which can make firing from a "safe" spot difficult
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

A few reasons:

• Moose don't bleed out and I've been under the assumption bows are better for bleed effect
  • I like to shoot them from long range (which is easier with the rifle) to give me time to run if he charges
  • They tend to be in areas which can make firing from a "safe" spot difficult

Makes sense.... I know the bow seems to do more damage ..  but I'm going by videos I've seen and not experience..

They do spawn in some awkward places..   I'm glad the flare gun is a good back up... And the shells seem to be in ample supply since the update.

• Upvote 1

What about the rock? It is capable of deterring (and, to my knowledge, the only way of distracting) a wolf, stunning a bunny in preparation for brutal murder, and scaring deer into a wolf’s path. Plus add the fact that ammunition is everywhere and renewable, and the humble rock is truly king of all weapons.

“State of the badass art”, as Hudson said 😁.

Edited by conanjaguar
Clarified Hudson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, conanjaguar said:

What about the rock?

Also yes...
I can't say I have a favorite weapon (in that list I'm also considering the Hatchet, Hunting Knife, Prybar, and Heavy Hammer).
I say that because each has their unique strength and/or niche utility where they can shine brighter than the others.
However, if I consider which weapon I use the most... well then, easy... that would be stones. :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

Now, considering the variants... this changes the landscape somewhat.

Specifically, among the hunting rifles... I have to say I favor Barb's Rifle.  I think that in a world were making the most out of our recourses counts for a lot, I'd say Barb's Rifle is ideal (even if it is a little bit heavier).

• The stopping power & range of the standard hunting rifle is sufficient enough for me that it feels like the Curator's variant trading durability for "greater range" feels too costly in the long run.
  • I only carry a hunting rifle when I intend to use it... so Vaughn's variant trading durability for being a lighter weight doesn't feel worth it to me either.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1