Where are the bear dens in Pleasant Valley?

xanna

1 minute ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Thanks... it's looking more and more like they have either gone missing (perhaps due to the addition of the acorn-producing trees) or are intentionally removed with this update.

Let's hope @Admin  can  answer it.  At least if it's a bug we can then report it officially.

2 hours ago, Glflegolas said:

I think the total number of bears in Pleasant Valley depends on the difficulty. It seems likely that there are 3 active dens in Voyageur and 5 in Stalker. Interloper probably has 4. Exact locations will vary depending on the playthrough.

This would be controlled by the "bear spawn chance" setting.  Using the custom templates, the bear spawn chance is low in Pilgrim, medium in Voyageur, very high in stalker, and high in interloper.  Not sure this necessarily means that the player will always see 3, 5, & 4.  I've long suspected that they are somewhat dependent on an overall "animal cap" in the area any may vary depending on, say, whether or not a moose has spawned in that area.

I say this because pushing all the animal settings in custom to very high does not seem to give the same sort of increase in every animal as just pushing one setting does.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Glflegolas said:

I think the total number of bears in Pleasant Valley depends on the difficulty. It seems likely that there are 3 active dens in Voyageur and 5 in Stalker. Interloper probably has 4. Exact locations will vary depending on the playthrough.

Correct.

11 minutes ago, TonyInPleasantValley said:

I just noticed rubbings at BR Prison, took a look on the ice, and there was a big fat moose. Exactly what I need to keep fed AND make some fancy clothing. Hit with two arrows and 3 .303 rounds to get him down. Fog rolled in which had me worried as I was getting tired and day was turning to night. Whew! I am on PC BTW...

If you have rubbings on pc then it must be an Xbox bug only..   

18 minutes ago, TonyInPleasantValley said:

I just noticed rubbings at BR Prison, took a look on the ice, and there was a big fat moose. Exactly what I need to keep fed AND make some fancy clothing. Hit with two arrows and 3 .303 rounds to get him down. Fog rolled in which had me worried as I was getting tired and day was turning to night. Whew! I am on PC BTW...

Bon appetit!