Existing runs & future content items

"We’ve also added three new clothing items – a Hockey Jersey, a leather Flight Jacket, and a matching Aviator Hat. You’ll find them scattered around Great Bear, so you will find them as you explore locations and search containers."

Good morning.  As a player that loves TLD and probably plays more than I should(!), with my existing run/save, prior to Part 2 being released, I have looted (to my knowledge) all containers on Great Bear.  Regarding the statement above from the March Dev Diary, in particular "search containers", I assume that since my containers are empty, I will lose out on the opportunity to find new DLC items in those containers.  I also assume new containers are NOT being added to the game to account for this situation.  This leaves players like me to rely on finding these items that are placed "loose" by HL.  @Admin, is HL doing anything to offset this assumed "discrepancy"?  Thanks.

• Upvote 3

On 4/7/2023 at 9:48 AM, hozz1235 said:

"We’ve also added three new clothing items – a Hockey Jersey, a leather Flight Jacket, and a matching Aviator Hat. You’ll find them scattered around Great Bear, so you will find them as you explore locations and search containers."

Good morning.  As a player that loves TLD and probably plays more than I should(!), with my existing run/save, prior to Part 2 being released, I have looted (to my knowledge) all containers on Great Bear.  Regarding the statement above from the March Dev Diary, in particular "search containers", I assume that since my containers are empty, I will lose out on the opportunity to find new DLC items in those containers.  I also assume new containers are NOT being added to the game to account for this situation.  This leaves players like me to rely on finding these items that are placed "loose" by HL.  @Admin, is HL doing anything to offset this assumed "discrepancy"?  Thanks.

Hi @hozz1235, thank you for reaching out. In existing games where the majority of containers have been looted, you will have fewer chances to locate those new items. While there isn't currently a workaround for this, we do anticipate that the new upcoming region will offer additional opportunities to find these items. 

We appreciate the feedback, and we will take this into consideration in the future. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

if i may why not add in the command console. have it enabled/disabled via in game options and a new command to reload containers in which ever house you are in (if possible lock it to just interior location you are in to not reload all containers) to give current runs a small small chance at the new loot? it might be a temp work around right now for future updates regarding saves that are at this point? Like it will still be which ever setting you are on so if you do the reload on interloper chances are its not going to reload the container with anything and for most lopers if given this option for the new things or for any other save will not likely keep doing it over and over. they will try once move on and if they get something other then the new loot most likely will toss it outside to despawn and not use it.

9 hours ago, TheUnknown said:

if i may why not add in the command console. have it enabled/disabled via in game options and a new command to reload containers in which ever house you are in (if possible lock it to just interior location you are in to not reload all containers) to give current runs a small small chance at the new loot? it might be a temp work around right now for future updates regarding saves that are at this point? Like it will still be which ever setting you are on so if you do the reload on interloper chances are its not going to reload the container with anything and for most lopers if given this option for the new things or for any other save will not likely keep doing it over and over. they will try once move on and if they get something other then the new loot most likely will toss it outside to despawn and not use it.

I do have the dev console and that is an option but I try to only use that when absolutely necessary - like when I ran out of batteries and couldn't finish Tales.

A note:

Beachcombing offers most clothing pieces, albeit rare. You can get all the clothing pieces you mention on containers washed up on the coast.

If a player have a very old run with exhausted resources and all looted, beachcomb offers a chance to get otherwise no longer avaliable items, even on interloper.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Glacia said:

A note:

Beachcombing offers most clothing pieces, albeit rare. You can get all the clothing pieces you mention on containers washed up on the coast.

If a player have a very old run with exhausted resources and all looted, beachcomb offers a chance to get otherwise no longer avaliable items, even on interloper.

I will consider that.  I have done quite a bit of BC already (as you can see in my other BC post) and have yet to find the new clothing items.  If it is truly RNG, I could be BC a VERY long time.  I did find a 2nd aviator cap loosely laying at the airfield.  No hockey jersey yet.  I may have to wait for the new area to be released to have a chance at that.