What are the best feats to pick for an interloper run? And any other tips for new interloper runs.

SuperStriker16

It seems most people have their favourite choice for the second feat, and cold fusion remains a mandatory pick.

Efficient machine, of course, isn't core or essential to survive. It's just an small but noticeable enchancement for all tasks, indirectly improving most of the gameplay. This feat is arguably the best "Meta" feat for purely competitive reasons, but there are more feats to be considered. 

In fact, feats in this game are very different to other survival games with expanded "Initial traits" who have a massive impact on gameplay. Feats are just an small, and not essential, bonus rewarded for doing specific tasks in your gameplay. 

As stated by @ManicManiac, a lot of players (me included) prefer a "Featless" gameplay. In my case i have my interloper survivor at day 300 without using feats and i have never feel a significant difference between my run and runs with meta feats.

Run cold fusion and use the other slot for your favourite choice 😉

• Upvote 2

I decided that I will also go featless, the main problem with my voyager save is that, voyager is not that hard, so if I kept playing to 500 days or something like that, it wouldn’t be all that impressive. I always wanted to challenge myself and if I use feats then I’m going to be thinking in the future when I do get a good run, ‘“I wish I didn’t use feats Because this would be more of an accomplishment if I got all of this without them”. So I might as well go as hard as it gets so it’s as much of an accomplishment as possible. Thank you @Glacia @Zaknafeinand, of course @ManicManiacfor pushing me to this point. You have convinced me.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SuperStriker16 said:

Do you guys think I should keep the forum posted about my 500 day interloper survival challenge? I could create a dedicated post on survival mode for that. @Leeanda@ManicManiac@Serenity@Glacia @conanjaguar @Laika Ivanova

Sounds like an idea. I'd definitely be curious to see how your game strats differentiate from my own.

23 hours ago, SuperStriker16 said:

Yeah that's what i was thinking, fire master doesn't permanently help you like the others, since you can earn that in a normal run. What about Expert Trapper? I heard you can basically live off of the passive income of your snares, but i've never used it in a run.

And here I am revealing my Interloper strat: Yeah, I live off snares solely on Jackrabbit Island. It works if you put enough snares out and keep up with the harvesting. However, Expert Trapper is absolutely not needed for this so I'd recommend not using it. I have 20 snares out and almost always have 6-10 rabbits every morning even without the feat.

I have arrived at my destination to hook up my Xbox, it started immediately updating and is while I’m writing this. It’s going to take a while, but once it has, I will be starting my new interloper run and posting about it, thanks to all who have supported me and I will direct you to a poll, Where should my main base be in my interloper run? 

• Upvote 2