Favorite in game enemy?

@Leeanda

Seconded. :D

The struggle that comes with battling nature as a whole... is the ultimate boss of Great Bear Island.
Each of the individual aspects are always fairly manageable in and of themselves... but the cumulative effect makes any mistake potentially fatal. 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

@Leeanda

Seconded. :D

The struggle that comes with battling nature as a whole... is the ultimate boss of Great Bear Island.
Each of the individual aspects are always fairly manageable in and of themselves... but the cumulative effect makes any mistake potentially fatal. 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

I like mother natures wraith, but for in-game entities that physically attack the player, i like timberwolves.

I know a lot of people don't like them, but i find timberwolves fun to fight because they have a different dynamic with the player when they attack, all other enemies just maul the player and walk off unless killed. With timberwolves you gotta lower their morale, which depending on difficulty can require quite a lot to do.

I just find it fun to have a different enemy that doesn't just maul you and run off and that's it. Once you know how to deal with a regular wolf and what they do, you'll probably know what all the other enemies do as well like bears, timberwolves seem like a breath of fresh air i guess, with them having a unique strategy and attack method that differs wildly from the average enemies you face in survival.

• Like 1

If youre just referring to the wildlife though I have to say the moose..  when I can actually find one !😁.  They can take a while to go down ,and a lot of ammo in my case!   My son always sides with the moose ,as he likes them more than me apparently, so it's kind of a revenge killing for me.😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

If youre just referring to the wildlife though I have to say the moose..  when I can actually find one !😁.  They can take a while to go down ,and a lot of ammo in my case!   My son always sides with the moose ,as he likes them more than me apparently, so it's kind of a revenge killing for me.😊

Lol

I like what you can get from mooses hide like the moose hide satchel and coat, i actually hunted my first moose [survival mode, i had encountered one of my first ones in wintermute ep4 but i don't think that really counts] in coastal highway near the town

I'm on around day 165 and i haven't encountered another one yet but i remember just sitting up on rocks and shooting the moose from afar with a hunting rifle in the head and then chasing it while staying undetected until it finally died after about 4 shots.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RingoA said:

Lol

I like what you can get from mooses hide like the moose hide satchel and coat, i actually hunted my first moose [survival mode, i had encountered one of my first ones in wintermute ep4 but i don't think that really counts] in coastal highway near the town

I'm on around day 165 and i haven't encountered another one yet but i remember just sitting up on rocks and shooting the moose from afar with a hunting rifle in the head and then chasing it while staying undetected until it finally died after about 4 shots.

4 shots is pretty good going!  My last attempt I gave up after 13 😁. In my defence it was a bit foggy and I was tired . Not bleeding ou certainly makes it more of a challenge though but that satchel is worth it.  

I don't think I saw any at all in story mode.🤔

• Like 1

Although there are those who know how to deal with it well, what scares me the most is getting lost in a blizzard, and if it is during the night, even worse. The animals are quite predictable, their AI is very basic, although during an aurora they become more dangerous, I think the real deadly enemy will be the mountain lion.

• Like 1