Need help finding a bedroll on Interloper

desertedone

So I'm having a hard time finding a bedroll. On Voyager I do find at least one somewhere. But in Interloper it's crucial. After the update have they turned up anywhere else anyone know of? I'm currently at Timberwolf Mountain and thinking should I climb the summit or head to Blackrock or Ash Canyon directly?

Found one in Desolation Point in a really hidden spot in Hibernia behind some crates I had to break to access it. You could barely see it behind the crates. Found another in the Camp Office in the usual spot next to the beds. Thats all I've found so far.

Hi desertedone,

bedrolls are quite rare on interloper. There have been several places with a spawn chance, but the locations have been mixed up with the update.
So keep on searching. Go for the main locations, sooner or later You will find one.
Keep in mind, that You can sleep in cars and snow shelters without a bedroll at any time. This is quite helpful at times when no buildings or caves with beds are near.

Good luck on Your Interloper runs. Keep trying, even if everything seems to fail. Interloper is fun (in the end...). And keep moving until You have geared up. 

18 hours ago, mfuegemann said:

Hi desertedone,

bedrolls are quite rare on interloper. There have been several places with a spawn chance, but the locations have been mixed up with the update.
So keep on searching. Go for the main locations, sooner or later You will find one.
Keep in mind, that You can sleep in cars and snow shelters without a bedroll at any time. This is quite helpful at times when no buildings or caves with beds are near.

Good luck on Your Interloper runs. Keep trying, even if everything seems to fail. Interloper is fun (in the end...). And keep moving until You have geared up. 

I'm carrying tons of cloth. On my way to the technical backpack I started out with 70 pieces of cloth. Now I'm down to 30-40. There's hardly any cloth in Ash Canyon so I'm thinking is my next stop Blackrock or should I traverse through Pleasant Valley (I already went through there). Timberwolves on Interloper sounds like suicide.

I have some snow shelters pre-built around Timberwolf Mountain so if I make my way slowly I can use them to shimmy down to Pleasant Valley. But the big issue is lack of food. I haven't sawed off the container just below the wrecked airplane that is on the way down to the cabin but what if I find no food there. I suppose I can catch the rabbits around. My condition is about 70-80% right now. I have maybe 3-4 food right now and I'm at the mines of Ash Canyon with the backpack. Bit cornered here. 

However if I make my my to Blackrock I might find something there since I never searched it out. There are plenty of cars in Blackrock. I'm thinking that would sort of protect me from timberwolves. I have about 2 flares (blue and red). The path to Pleasant Valley from Ash Canyon is pretty far. I might do better going to Blackrock now that I think about it. 

Edited by desertedone

Good luck in Blackrock. Try to avoid the timberwolfs, no need to deal with them if not necessary.
I found a torch as effective in holding them at bay as a blue or red flare. Flares I keep around for stormy conditions.

Oh and be careful, I encountered a pack of timberwolfs during a blizzard in Blackrock.

@desertedonei had a similar issue - started in ML, no bedroll in any of the key locations. Nor any in PV farm, town, nearby caves or cave system near TWM access. I decided to go TWM, up to higher AC access and then slept in the open cave/ledge bed in AC, then onto the foreman's house and gold mine. With full sleep and coffee i summitted TWM from the gold mine and got to mountaineers hut with 10% energy so its a doable trip without bedroll. Then found one at the hunting blind in PV just near the TWM access. Sods law!

Good luck finding one..!

I think the current RNG settings for Looper is very unbalanced.

My current run on 7. day i just find a hacksaw from the critical tools, sweeped through PV, ML, MT. I just find prybar on day6, but then two of them at the same exact location.

My previous run on day 6, I have all tools, plus 5 Combat pants and 7 Toque.

• Upvote 1

On 1/20/2023 at 11:40 PM, desertedone said:

So I'm having a hard time finding a bedroll. On Voyager I do find at least one somewhere. But in Interloper it's crucial. After the update have they turned up anywhere else anyone know of? I'm currently at Timberwolf Mountain and thinking should I climb the summit or head to Blackrock or Ash Canyon directly?

I found two on my TFT Interloper, one in a Hunters Blind in ML and another one in the Hunting Lodge in BR. Before the loot overhaul, there was always one in either one of the fishing Huts in ML, Camp Office or Milton Gas station, i dont know if those are still possible, but worth a check.

• 2 weeks later...

You're not alone, I've also had very bad luck with bedrolls on Interloper post-DLC update.  But I should note that out of all the 'critical tools', I can usually go pretty long without a bedroll and be fine, so it's a lower priority for me than, say, a hacksaw.  That being said, so far Ive only ever found a bedroll in one of the large stacked pipes at the rear entrance of the Dam (coming from Winding River).  It's been there a few times for me when many of the past 'usual' spots came up empty.

So my run has had bedrolls in the hunting blinds in ML and PV (near TWM access). I've always found that some runs have lots of something and less of another but i assume key items a guarantee'd to be somewhere and now that somewhere could be anywhere. I'm all for this. In my current run I'm still on improvised hand wraps as i've found just two pairs of gloves (eventually) and neither were better than my hand wraps. 😀