Animals spawning in non-pathable locations

Same bug with the bear happened to me.

I went to the back of the rock formation over his cave, then mountain-goated down almost on top of him. When I got close, he "broke free" of the pathing problem and ran off, at which point I shot him. 

I wish I could see this in third-person: me hanging on a ledge by my crampons, leaning out into the empty air with my bow, trying to get  a shot. 

On 1/16/2023 at 12:56 PM, DerEineVonDamals said:

Hi,

I could also contribute something here;
A dead deer in the rock, from Mountain Town.

20230116184622_1.jpg

20230116184636_1.jpg

I think it used to be open and to have a rope climb down from the pond up there to behind the Grey Lady's house, and the rock was put there to cover it up and close it off when they reworked the region for story mode redux. I bet they forgot to pull the deer out of the loot tables so it spawns in there from time to time, never to be liberated from its earthly coils.

I've actually managed to capture how this happens! I was haunting rabbits and then one of them when got too close to a tree just flew straight up ABOVE a tree, hanged in the air for a moment and then smacked on a rock. Unfortunately I couldn't recreate the exact scenario but I did record less impressive flying rabbit. Check the attached video

ps I aslo had the stuck bear near a cave

• Upvote 1

On 1/10/2023 at 6:37 PM, Cote-De-Bone said:

I've noticed a few spots in Forsaken Airfield where animals are spawning in locations where they cannot path. See attached. Neither the bear nor the rabbit can leave their respective rocks. Didn't ever encounter this in other zones.

20230106080321_1.jpg

Thank you for posting. We are currently investigating this issue and hope to have a resolution soon. 

On 1/16/2023 at 9:56 AM, DerEineVonDamals said:

Hi,

I could also contribute something here;
A dead deer in the rock, from Mountain Town.

20230116184622_1.jpg

20230116184636_1.jpg

Thank you for sharing. We have noted this issue and we are investigating. We appreciate your patience.