Some Feedback on DLC / new map(s)

Hello, just wanted to leave some feedback about DLC and new map.
First, Im happy you found a good way to be able to fund the future of this game. I like the idea of the bigger DLC and adding more content and new maps with it. The airfield looks awesome and im looking forward to the other maps and especially safehouse customization.

On the other side theres also something I dont like. I feel like the world is at a point where it gets too big. I went to the airfield, explored the map and decided I dont want to spent my next 5 reallife-hours creeping slowly back to my main base with all the stuff I found and just closed the game. The path to the airfield is just way too long. Yes it feels like I went really far but it also makes me feel like never leaving this place again. Its just no fun pressing your W-Key for hours and walking slowly a straight line back. Most parts of these transition zones offer no real value or gameplay, they are just there. 

I would love to see a way to travel faster between the regions. Not a magical button which transfers me, but something what makes traveling faster.
Personally I would love to be able to clean and repair those train tracks, collecting fuel from cars and using it for a small train/cart as transport between the regions. You would still have some maps/places you can only reach by walking but it also connects some of the main regions. Alternatiely maybe Ski or some animal, but this would mean you can travel anywhere faster what I dont like. With the train you can only go to certain places and nothing more. 

PS: Escuse my english, im not a native english speaker 🙂

Edited by hipsu555
  • Upvote 4

In some ways i imagine this is like being part of the original Kickstarter with the initial build.  There is a lot that hasn’t been added yet and will likely make more sense as the drops continue.  
Given that this game is over a decade old, and still hasn't finished the Wintermute episodes (that’s not an insult, just a fact 👍🏼), I imagine there is a lot left to add to not only the regions, but how they connect.  

As the announcement says, “the path is open”; I’m looking forward to enjoying the journey and watching it all come together.   

• Upvote 1

I feel like the world is at a point where it gets too big. I went to the airfield, explored the map and decided I dont want to spent my next 5 reallife-hours creeping slowly back to my main base with all the stuff I found and just closed the game. The path to the airfield is just way too long. Yes it feels like I went really far but it also makes me feel like never leaving this place again. Its just no fun pressing your W-Key for hours and walking slowly a straight line back. Most parts of these transition zones offer no real value or gameplay, they are just there. 

I would love to see a way to travel faster between the regions.

I was actually thinking the same thing on my first run through the new regions. And also think probably the only way to do it that would make sense is one of those manual railcart things.

It doesn't need to connect through entire regions, not all regions need it, there could certainly be several in the game, and could possibly be a craftable thing (I guess you would need the travois) or just found at certain intervals on the tracks.

In any case, the game was already bigger than Skyrim before this update and with more maps to come I think some type of integrated fast-travel system should be seriously considered. There is a point where the size of the map gets too exhausting and just feels too tedious.

HOWEVER....thinking further.... with existing supernatural elements like the Aurora, the Deadwalker and the Glimmer Fog, there might be some creative leeway here like some kind of Magnetic Warp Rift in certain caves or... something. Maybe with a "Disoriented" debuff after travelling. :)

Edited by stapeliad
  • Upvote 1