To play or to wait.

Strelok

I really want to play now again after a break.

I like custom games. Especially that one i have in mind to start again with around 30! really awesome mods.

Now i dont know if i should wait for the coming DLC-update. (December right?)

Which, i have to admit, i am only intrested in because of new content for custom survival game.

But:

That would certainly break most mods. And i must admit, i could not play the game without them.

What would you do in this situation?

A: Play like there is no tommorow with the pinacle of modded pre-DLC TLD custom game?

B: Wait and have new stuff but dont have access to eventually most of the mods?

Whatever feels right to you Strelok.

If you want to play but don't feel you can without mods then sure, go for a mad run now.

I still feel the game is superb without the mods, even Item Piles and Place Anywhere. And who knows, the "new" game might address the issues you have meaning you won't need the mods anyway. However it's all about personal preference and tolerances.

Personally, I can't bring myself to start a new run until the new game drops. Unfortunately I lost my long run and I haven't been able to get motivated for a new one knowing it won't be available for much longer. Have tried some shorter self challenges in sandbox but can't get into playing those either.

If you are wanting to play, and can live with losing it when the new game arrives,  why not just throw yourself into a new run/s to scratch the itch... then see how things stand later.

Edited by Sgt Socks

I'm doing B.  Seems like kind of a waste of my time to start a game and have to throw it away.  I've been playing other games (Days Gone currently) to fill in.

Oh, that reminds me, I need to load the game and ensure I have all the event badges.  I seem to vaguely recall I missed one of the 4DON events.  @mfuegemann put together some great documentation on how to re-play these.

Edited by hozz1235

I'm just moving my guy to all my bases and standing on the porch to watch the weather for a while. Kill a deer for some food and cook it then move to the next base and admire the weather there for a while. Now I am back in CH, my main base, just wasting time until the DLC drops but I don't mind. It is very beautiful to just put my laptop on the coffee table  and watch the weather and drink and eat as needed,  

TLD has become a very relaxing screensaver for now that i can enjoy with my wife while we talk about stuff or just simply watch it. She loves to hear the owls and other birds. My sound system is so amazing that it seems to come from behind us or from far away to the left or right. Hinterland has made something amazing.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Sito said:

TLD has become a very relaxing screensaver for now that i can enjoy with my wife while we talk about stuff or just simply watch it.

Nice. I like that too, but before that, its hard work to be done. Constant looking for stuff while not being eaten frozen.

If i start a game, my hands start to sweat. The game is so immersive. Even though my hands in game are freezing lol.

• Upvote 1

Heading for the Lost Mine (Last Prospect?) in Blackrock.  Want to get the machine room in Blackrock Prison open before that save game gets relegated to the Time Capsule.  Getting the ballistic vest is secondary at this point.  

My base at the Blackrock Prison is in fine shape (playing Pilgrim) though I doubt I would complete exploration of the entirety of Blackrock before the end.