Help!!! How to play 4DOF (2018) and 4DOF (2019)!?

Флаффи

1 hour ago, Флаффи said:

Who knows how to play 4DOF (2018) and 4DOF (2019). Please help me, I want to play old events!!!

@jeffpeng is right sadly.  You can play a custom survival game with "Endless Night", and I believe the Darkwalker is in the Challenges section (please do correct me if I am wrong).  However, the actual events cannot be replayed.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, there IS a way.

There's a mod called "more days of night", but it doesn't work past 1.39

And I don't think that 1.39 is one of the time capsule versions, but you know... There are ways. (NONE OF WHICH I ENDORSE) (but also, I wouldn't judge)

Hi,

thank You for bringing this up again. With Ghurcb's hints, I was able to play the 2018 event this weekend - and even without mods or mediocre game downloads.
Basically, You install a Steam version of TLD that was active during the event and set Your computer date back to the dates in the past. This steps work with Steam only, as far as I have checked.

Within SteamDB You can see a list of all versions, that were availiable in the past: https://steamdb.info/depot/305621/manifests/
(TLD AppID = 305620, DepotID Win = 305621)
For 2018, I picked the manifest for version v1.38 (28th of october 2018).

Using the steam console by opening this link within a browser: "steam://nav/console", steam will install the specified version on Your hard drive.
The console command is "download_depot 305620 305621 8100233807851576967", with the last number being the manifest ID.
(install location: ..Steam\steamapps\content\app_305620\depot_305621). This may take some time, so be patient. You may have to copy the file UnityPlayer.dll from Your normal install directory to run tld.exe.

Then go to Your windows time/date settings, deactivate the automatic time synch and specify the first day of the 2018 event. 

After starting TLD, You will see the information screen and the additional menu option for 4DON. After completing a day, close TLD, change the date/time to acess the next day and so on.

I will check if this is working for 2019 too. Oh and do not start any other TLD version, during Your 4DON days, as this will delete the run. 

4DON_2018_2022a.jpg

4DON_2018_2022b.jpg

• Upvote 7

The 2019 4DON event works too. Here the needed TLD version is v1.61.

download_depot 305620 305621 4370444917341772416

If You want to keep the 2018 event, rename the target folder "..\app_305620\depot_305621" to something like "..\app_305620\depot_305621_2018", as the download installs the new manifest in the App/Depot directory. This time the download took ages (7.193 files in total).

To make things interesting, I used day 1 for recon. Using the two hours to locate as much pumpkins as possible. I ended the run after the 2 hours have been achieved.
Then a fresh start for day 2, with the goal to reach Signal Hill.
Another fresh start on day 3, aiming for Trappers Cabin. I managed it, shooting some aurora wolfs on the way and getting almost killed near deadfall. A stim brought me to Trapper's.
Day 4 will be a fresh start with blizzard hopping around CH.

4DON_2019.jpg

• Upvote 4

Okay, now I'm wondering... I still have an original "Escape the Darkwalker" save in my Challenges tab. But, since the event ended, there's no Darkwalker there. Just an endless night with a really low difficulty. If I revert to the 2020 halloween version, will the Darkwalker spawn in this save, or will it stay the same? I should probably try it out and see for myself.

11 hours ago, Ghurcb said:

Okay, now I'm wondering... I still have an original "Escape the Darkwalker" save in my Challenges tab. But, since the event ended, there's no Darkwalker there. Just an endless night with a really low difficulty. If I revert to the 2020 halloween version, will the Darkwalker spawn in this save, or will it stay the same? I should probably try it out and see for myself.

Darkwalker 2020 is working too, manifest is 3050439679829314779.  So Your save file can have its second chance.

And the cool thing is, the badges have been registered to my current version too. Now the only badges missing are Winter's Embrace 2020. This will come next.

4DON_Badges.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I am tackling Winter's Embrace 2020 now (manifest 8352568196670106009, v1.79). The date is july 1st-31st.
The low temperature is hard, especially in the beginning, when You have to gear up very fast to stay warm even indoors. The 25 day badge was then easy but finding 25 syrups is a chore, needing several runs. I do think, You must keep all the save files of Your syrup-runs to achieve the badge.

By the way, making a new start on day 4 of 4DON was brutal and I managed it barely to make it to the PV transition mine to get some coal. I ended the run in the lookout tower as intended.

On 11/8/2022 at 11:20 PM, mfuegemann said:

And the cool thing is, the badges have been registered to my current version too. Now the only badges missing are Winter's Embrace 2020. This will come next.

How did you do that? I followed your instructions and played through 4DON 2018. Got the badges but they don't show up in the recent TLD version. The only thing I didn't do was to copy the UnityPlayer.dll from my normal installation. Might that be the problem here?

18 hours ago, Arcx said:

How did you do that? I followed your instructions and played through 4DON 2018. Got the badges but they don't show up in the recent TLD version. The only thing I didn't do was to copy the UnityPlayer.dll from my normal installation. Might that be the problem here?

Hi, the unityplayer.dll is there when You wait for the download to be complete. So this cannot be an issue. I have the same problem with the last (and most annoying) badge of Winters Embrace 2020. It took me 4 runs reaching from DP to BR/BI to find 25 maple syrups. This badge is showing in the 2020 install but does not register in the current version. I will try a few things and come back. 

21 hours ago, Karl Grylls said:

Oh wow that's cool news. That means i can get the badge even when i couldn't play the events to get them back in 2018/2019

For me all the badges have been registered in the current run, only the 2020 Canadian Feast badge is not working. 
Normally a missing achievement is awarded once You open the savegame, that unlocked the badge. Maybe this one is not working, as the syrups had to be collected over multiple runs (the most cans, I found in one run was 9).

I sort of got it working. In my savegame folder there are several user001 config files for the steam version (user001.cfg seems to be the Epic version), each of the names contains the build number - e.g. user001.99904 for the current version.

As a preparing measure, I created 2 Pilgrim survival runs, that had 5 feats activated each. So I would be able to unlock all 10 feats by loading thess runs.

As the last version that contained my WE badges was config001.67831 (and all of the 4DON badges), I deleted my current user001.99904 config file and started TLD. As expected, a new user001.99904 config file was created, taking over the achievements from the last config file. So now I had 2 feats and 8 badges. Only missing the challanges, I am able to start again.

The feats then were unlocked by simply loading my 2 Pilgrim saves. Bringing me up to 10/10 feats. Unfortunately I had only a save of "As the Dead sleep" before completion. So I will do the normal challenges next. 

There are still some days to pass until December 5th...

I did complete the remaining "normal" challenges, as Hunted1+2, Archivist and Nomad. And now I am complete with 10/10 feats and 15/15 badges within my current game.

Nomad is fixed now, by the way. The time is counted correctly and You need only the three days at each location.

Edited by mfuegemann

• 11 months later...
On 11/24/2022 at 9:44 AM, mfuegemann said:

I sort of got it working. In my savegame folder there are several user001 config files for the steam version (user001.cfg seems to be the Epic version), each of the names contains the build number - e.g. user001.99904 for the current version.

As a preparing measure, I created 2 Pilgrim survival runs, that had 5 feats activated each. So I would be able to unlock all 10 feats by loading thess runs.

As the last version that contained my WE badges was config001.67831 (and all of the 4DON badges), I deleted my current user001.99904 config file and started TLD. As expected, a new user001.99904 config file was created, taking over the achievements from the last config file. So now I had 2 feats and 8 badges. Only missing the challanges, I am able to start again.

The feats then were unlocked by simply loading my 2 Pilgrim saves. Bringing me up to 10/10 feats. Unfortunately I had only a save of "As the Dead sleep" before completion. So I will do the normal challenges next. 

There are still some days to pass until December 5th...

Could you help me with this?

I am able to get it to work and even on my first run survived till the third day. Died on a wolf when started to gather firewood for fourth day.

Unlocked the first badge but it did not make it to my up to date Lond Dark. What did I do wrong and what can I do to make it unlock. I just want these stupid hounting Badges for me :(

Hi HandsomeJussi,

as mentioned, after the Tales/DLC update carrying the badges over to a current run may be tricky. I could imagine that a possible approach would be to collect the 4DON badges and then copy this "user..." file to Your current "Survival" folder at ..\AppData\Local\Hinterland\TheLongDark\Survival
Then rename this file to the new naming rules "profile_survival.104901" (104901 is the first version, I had after the update). Then delete or rename the other profile files.

Noe when a new game is starten, chances are that the achievements from the "profile_survival.104901" will be carried over to Your current run.

Be aware of that You should create the 2 savegames with Your feats before any of this. Keeping Your current profile file in a backup location is also a good idea.

Regards and good luck