Going crazy with a crashed helicopter this time a. I was bit a disappointed this announce wasn't coupled with one fur episode five, but I am still very excited, I am especially exited for how the new region looks. Seeming open with rolling hills rather than the sheer cliffs we've seen lately. When I saw the YouTube video, I thought it was a dev diary at first. 

The music made me think of Subnautica.

Edited by RegentRelic
  • Upvote 1

This sounds like a really good direction for both TLD and Hinterland, but what do I know?

I do know that it sounds like I'll have to spend a lot more hours playing this fantastic game, and that I can actually start paying a bit more than the paltry €10.99 I once bought the game for. That really was a steal.

Edited by Jarulf
grammar
  • Upvote 3

New gameplay systems including: Transponder, Travois, Safehouse Customization, Trader, Complex Recipes for Cooking, and new Item Variants

This is the best. Second place is the price. Really thought it would cost 50€ or so. But 20? Oh yeah baby!

Transponder: I don't know what the benefit of a transponder is when you are all alone. Better localisation on the map? I can't see TLD getting a multiplayer mode.
Travois: yes yes yes, this is a long demanded feature by the community and much better than a complete, heavy sledge that i had in mind.

Safehouse Customization: This is also something i wanted hard. At the same time i hope TLD doesn't become a basebuilder. But moving some crates, beds, cupboard, tables would be great. Raph said that complex tools will be added. This makes only sense (so far) if we will be able to build more complex structures, like repairing the roof of Mountaineer's hut. Or building a fence in front of our base, so we have the chance to look if the coast is clear and not getting attacked by an animal right away when we step out of the house.

Trader: Ah so i was right about that in my speculation thread. Don't know how many of them will be on Great Bear, but a Trader is perfect for surviving eternally.

Complex Recipes for Cooking: Years ago, i suggested/wished this. I'm exited to see it in the game. I hope some kind of nutrition system will come with it, so that you can't just shoot deer after deer and survive on just meat alone. And i believe with complex recipes there will also come a morale/willpower system with it. A morale/willpower system was on Hinterlands Roadmap years ago also.

New Item Variants: The first that comes to my mind here are food items. My April Dev Diary speculation thread didn't get much attention/response so i abstained to create a second one with specualation about a TLD2. In the second thread i wanted to say that Hinterland should introduce new food items. New food items have to be balanced (weight, calories, rareness, do they give a tin can after using or not, etc). So i wanted to suggest, that they take a can of peaches, change the label to pineapple and let everything else the same so that this could come early. Just to get more variety on food and a better immersion. Now, i think we will get MUCH more variety on food items, because this get along with complex cooking recipes. Even food from the wilderness is possible i think. For example collecting eggs from wild birds or blood from the animals.

Edited by Karl Grylls
  • Upvote 2

I'm very excited about the new system, can't wait to play it. But I am a bit anxious about the time when I have to say goodbye to all my fellow survivors in old saves, some go back to 2016. I understand the need to make a reset, it's just a bit sad. And this means I have to hurry up with my 100 days in every region challenge, not sure if I'll make it.

Safehouse Customization: I hope this implies that Cabin Fever will be gone by then or at least that we don't get it when we stay inside our beautiful customized base?

Not sure about the trader though, we've already way more stuff than we can carry even on interloper. But I'm open, I'm sure hinterland will find a meaningful way to implement them without spoiling the fun of fighting for your survival ;)

Edited by ChillPlayer
  • Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

It doesn’t really look like a plum; a plum is more rounded… I think it’s a pear.

A pear is not that round as it is on the can. And definitely not purple :D I think it's a plum in front of a orange house (farm, barn,...). Maybe it comes from the plantage in Pleasent Valley :D

Edited by Karl Grylls

16 minutes ago, Karl Grylls said:

Do i see a plum?

I think that is a can of dog food.

2 minutes ago, Luca Loquax said:

I hope there is Tabasco EVERYTHING tastes great with Tabasco !

Tabasco would be a pointless addition to the game and not everything tastes great with Tabasco. Everything tastes good with tabasco. Such the above mentioned can of dog food tastes good with enough Tabasco.