Two new bugs or is it just me.

Leeanda

I first noticed at pensive pond that if I try to move fish from one spot to another it won't let me except in very particular tiny spots several metres away from the hut.  . Unless I put it in inventory first.  It works fine with sticks/wood etc just not fish.

The second problem is when I try and take a weapon out... It should always be the revolver but at least 45% of the time it's been the rifle coming on.

I just wondered if anyone else is having these issues or I've just got another bugged run.

Just now, hozz1235 said:

Perhaps it's based on the condition of the weapon?

They were both 100% or as near as most of the run.. I haven't needed to try it on this new run yet,or the fish problem but I will try them tomorrow .. it could've just been that run  I suppose. It wouldn't be the first time I've had weird bugs.. 

@Leeanda

I can't comment on the fish problem as I rarely fish there.

My experience of the first weapon to be selected when both are in the inventory is indeed the revolver being selected first. I don't think it has ever mattered about condition but haven't been paying attention to that. I'll double check when I next play.

But as you say, it could be one of the weird bugs you encounter rather (unfairly) frequently! 😳

• Upvote 1

On 9/30/2022 at 5:06 AM, Leeanda said:

I first noticed at pensive pond that if I try to move fish from one spot to another it won't let me except in very particular tiny spots several metres away from the hut.  . Unless I put it in inventory first.  It works fine with sticks/wood etc just not fish.

The second problem is when I try and take a weapon out... It should always be the revolver but at least 45% of the time it's been the rifle coming on.

I just wondered if anyone else is having these issues or I've just got another bugged run.

Thank you for posting. If you are still experiencing these issues, please don't hesitate to file a ticket via our Support Portal. We would be happy to investigate for you. 

hinterlandgames.com/support 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Admin said:

Thank you for posting. If you are still experiencing these issues, please don't hesitate to file a ticket via our Support Portal. We would be happy to investigate for you. 

hinterlandgames.com/support 

Thanks. Will do.

The rifle problem is now ok... The fish however are still the same so I'll file a bug report.. 

Just now, Sgt Socks said:

Haha! Don't report that one, some bugs need to be kept! Almost a reason to go to Blackrock just to see it.

I'm still waiting for the Ballerina Bears...

I won't report the skating wolves ,they looked so elegant sliding around in twm. Wolfies on ice,a whole new show🙂

25 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Am I the only  one who spends enough  time in pleasant valley to fish?😁

I've spend a good week fishing at Pensiv Pond but I didn't notice that particular problem. But then, I usually just drop the fish from my inventory and when I'm done fishing, move it onto the stove, piece by piece. Have you ever tried leaving the hut and then place the fish somewhere inside? The barrier box around the fish is quite large, maybe too large for the fish to be placed somewhere with you inside the hut. But if that's the case, I'd suspect that this would be an issue in all fishing huts. And I was able to put down my sleeping bag inside the hut at Pensive Pond so I'm not sure exactly what is going on in your game.

I'm no longer in PV but I'll try placing the fish somewhere in a fishing hut in CH.

Edited by ChillPlayer

3 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

I've spend a good week fishing at Pensiv Pond but I didn't notice that particular problem. But then, I usually just drop the fish from my inventory and when I'm done fishing, move it onto the stove, piece by piece. Have you ever tried leaving the hut and then place the fish somewhere inside? The barrier box around the fish is quite large, maybe too large for the fish to be placed somewhere with you inside the hut. But if that's the case, I'd suspect that this would be an issue in all fishing huts. And I was able to put down my sleeping bag inside the hut at Pensive Pond so I'm not sure exactly what is going on in your game.

I'm no longer in PV but I'll try placing the fish somewhere in a fishing hut in CH.

I tried inside and outside, I could place them on top of the drawer but not the floor..   cooked or not it was the same either way.

I'd say it was a bugged run but this is on both runs now so I've reported it..  I'm about to try it in coastal too so I'll see what happens. 

Placement of fish can be problematic depending, in part on what fish is being placed.  

I have encountered issues with laying Choe Salmon on the floor near the fire barrel in the Quonset garage while trout had no trouble.  Similarly in Mountaineer Hut, I found it difficult to place (not drop) bass on the floor (I was particular about their orientation) but not as much trouble with whitefish.  

Hinterland has tried to remedy situations like that but they still pop up here and there.  

I would speculate that what is happening is an interaction between the fish graphic, as defined by the game, and the surface, also defined by the game, it is being placed upon.  There is also the apparent fact (as far as I am concerned) that when the character goes to place an item that its orientation in game terms but not in observable terms can interact with the surface in irritating ways.  

I am very tired of situations where an item to be placed will seem to oscillate between red and green (no you can't/yes you can) until I get lucky enough that the game settles for a moment on green (yes you can place it).  Also putting/dropping the item on the surface (i.e. snow) also seems to make subsequent placing it just a bit easier.  The game should decide yes I can or No I can't not when placing something.  It does it that way most of the time, but it gets problematic in places. 

Edited by UTC-10
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, UTC-10 said:

Placement of fish can be problematic depending, in part on what fish is being placed.  

I have encountered issues with laying Choe Salmon on the floor near the fire barrel in the Quonset garage while trout had no trouble.  Similarly in Mountaineer Hut, I found it difficult to place (not drop) bass on the floor (I was particular about their orientation) but not as much trouble with whitefish.  

Hinterland has tried to remedy situations like that but they still pop up here and there.  

I would speculate that what is happening is an interaction between the fish graphic, as defined by the game, and the surface, also defined by the game, it is being placed upon.  There is also the apparent fact (as far as I am concerned) that when the character goes to place an item that its orientation in game terms but not in observable terms can interact with the surface in irritating ways.  

I am very tired of situations where an item to be placed will seem to oscillate between red and green (no you can't/yes you can) until I get lucky enough that the game settles for a moment on green (yes you can place it).  Also putting/dropping the item on the surface (i.e. snow) also seems to make subsequent placing it just a bit easier.  The game should decide yes I can or No I can't not when placing something.  It does it that way most of the time, but it gets problematic in places. 

I've had the flickering a lot too ,mainly the hatchet and rifle.. but this is just not letting me put them anywhere within several metres radius of the hut.

There are one or two very tiny spots on the ice without flickering but they're still a few metres away.  And incredibly hard to place. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 11:49 PM, Leeanda said:

Thanks. Will do.

Following up on this post -- did you file a ticket, and do you need any further assistance? Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions. Thanks! 

6 hours ago, Admin said:

Following up on this post -- did you file a ticket, and do you need any further assistance? Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions. Thanks! 

Thank you, yes I did file a ticket.  I have started yet another new run but have yet to try it.