Keep Us Updated !

oplli

There isnt much to say. I feel like the game is dying slowly. We get close to no updates and the last dev blog was MOOONTHS ago. I would'nt care about waiting months for an update if we could have a monthly dev blog or simply news about the game. Im wondering what the community thinks about that, please share what you think !

I think its interesting to note that the last update was almost a year ago (december 2021) and the last dev diary was almost 5 months ago (16 may)

Looking back i think that the name of the topic should have been more specific like: I would love to have a monthly dev diary :) !

I get it, no updates from HL is annoying, but they got their hands full now.

Not only they're trying to fix a couple of game breaking and/or annoying bugs and glitches, but they also are splitting survival and story mode into 2 game which is probably quite a hard thing to do without breaking something or completely deleting our saves. Not to mention that they're working on the last ep of story mode too.

Literally they can't post dev diary every x amount of times otherwise HL will never finish their current work, and for us it means no updates. Also Raphael Van Lierop tweeted that a dev diary will be released at the end of sept.

I would love a monthly update too. Nothing too elaborate and time consuming, just a short heads up of the current tasks and maybe something about near future plans.
All that here in a pinned topic in the forum, not on Twitter or Steam.
At the moment we are quite left in the dark regarding current progress or if there will be any events, like the 4DON again.

Investing the 15 minutes necessary per month would be well worth it from my point of view.

• Upvote 2

Agreed. Hinterland is a great company, and TLD is a great game, but they can be slow in giving us news. Perhaps it is because the game has grown so much since early access, or, as @A Lamp said, that they are too busy with the separation of Wintermute and Survival modes.

Either way, I have faith in Hinterland. They will deliver, just not exactly on schedule :).

• Upvote 3