Best songs to listen to while playing TLD

SpanishMoss

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

image.png.93e8f1fb8d4d0773a120b43f9c74e417.thumb.png.b01750698a72f9e315326193d1377a60.png
tumblr_81c53a682042dcf552118ca1fed9e500_63862ae6_500.gif.8eed98e1dc870cc7ad7b771a5f8b882f.gif

Heilung | LIFA - In Maidjan LIVE (youtube.com)

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Unable to find a good alternative link:
Search out Heilung and their performances live at CastleFest 2017 (or anything else by this group, honestly).

For those curious:

Heilung is an experimental folk music band made up of members from Denmark, Norway, and Germany. Their music is based on texts and runic inscriptions from Germanic peoples of the Iron Age, and Viking Age. Heilung describe their music as "amplified history from early medieval northern Europe". 

Personally, I find Maria Franz' voice rather wonderfully ethereal.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

@Fjällröven

For regions I know very well... I do sometimes put together a playlist but I keep the volume tuned so that I still hear wind and "footsteps" easily over the external accompaniment. 🤭As I mentioned before, I don't often do that... mostly for long treks or maybe if I'm just out gathering sticks or perhaps just prospecting through houses and other structures on routes that I know very well.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 5:03 AM, Fjällröven said:

You guys are brave listening to music while playing! Usually I’m busy trying go make out sounds while my mind is going ”huh? What was that? Ambience? Is… are you a deer? Please be a deer!”

I salute you! 🫡 

I don't play any ,just the games music but it can be awfully quiet sometimes so I'll sing those songs in between if I'm in the mood..

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 3:32 PM, ManicManiac said:

@Fjällröven

For regions I know very well... I do sometimes put together a playlist but I keep the volume tuned so that I still hear wind and "footsteps" easily over the external accompaniment. 🤭As I mentioned before, I don't often do that... mostly for long treks or maybe if I'm just out gathering sticks or perhaps just prospecting through houses and other structures on routes that I know very well.

@ManicManiac very wise :)! I definitely see how music can add to the mood of the game. I’ve been making electronic music as a hobby for many years and I definitely appreciate the games exellent sound design but I also don’t see anything wrong with listening to songs while playing. I’d probably play some sixtoo for canadian flavour or maybe some ennio morricone western songs for fun, ofcourse wielding the revolver :). Will McKenzie, ice age cowboy at your service! 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...