A raw food diet that brings great bonuses!

Pablo_Loko

I think everyone will agree with me that the character's diet after some time becomes almost one meat. It is known that in reality it is the basic element for the formation of muscle mass. Experts say that raw meat is well digested and has a lower calorie content. It contains useful proteins, amino acids and vitamins, and the body "eats" it easily, even easier than fried and boiled meat. Consequently, its frequent use, plus physical exercise, will contribute to an increase in muscle mass and physical strength of a person. It is an indisputable fact that our character also makes a huge amount of physical effort. This is walking, running, chopping firewood, climbing a rope. But for some reason, he does not increase his physical strength in any way, hence the weight he carries. Why not use it in the game?  Let's say that after eating 200 kg of raw meat and spending 100 days in the game, the transferred weight will increase by 1 kg. Accordingly, limit this bonus to 10 kg. It will also lead to an increase in the value and more rational use of reishi mushrooms or antibiotics, as the player will get food poisoning more often. In addition, the player will receive an incentive to stay alive as long as possible, and not quit the game after 100 days of survival.

While I agree that an increase in strength would be something to work towards  I don't think that the dufference between male / female should be changed in that way! I always use Astrid and it seems unfair that because of this I'd lose the weight difference. I'd rather lose the resilience.

I agree that in the context of the game, the ability to carry 5 kg more is more profitable than running or climbing a rope a little longer. In principle, it is possible to increase by 25% not the endurance scale, but the fatigue scale (eye). And maybe even both characteristics at once. Then it will be a fairly equivalent exchange. 

Damn it, women still eat and drink much less than men!☺️

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Pablo_Loko said:

I agree that in the context of the game, the ability to carry 5 kg more is more profitable than running or climbing a rope a little longer. In principle, it is possible to increase by 25% not the endurance scale, but the fatigue scale (eye). And maybe even both characteristics at once. Then it will be a fairly equivalent exchange. 

Damn it, women still eat and drink much less than men!☺️

🙂 But surely it depends on the settings anyway! On pilgrim fatigue is quite high whereas others are lower.  As I play on pilgrim   I'm often exhausted by noon and need to sleep or drink tons of coffee! Mainly because I run a lot and overburdened most of the time. But even if I wasn't it'd still be a problem if it was reduced more.  

I don't mind the food poisoning though, I've had that a lot already🙂

Edited by Leeanda

Please refrain from using gender stereotypes or making generalizations based on gender. We'll leave this thread open for the other discussion, but we want to ensure this community is a welcoming place for everyone. 

• Upvote 1

In survival, it certainly makes sense that that poorly dressed novice, stranded in the snow on day 1, would develop physically by day 100. In some ways, feats reflect this but they are tied more to your playing of TLD dark than the survivor's experience.

I do like the idea of going further than the 'well fed bonus' so that the player develops over time - maybe another skill like cooking or sewing -  but where levels give extra carry weight, grip, better pace up inclines, etc. But work done needs energy so more calories. Not sure about messing with that system...

I don't see why this would be about raw meat. And because indisputable facts just have to be disputed - some players, once surviving comfortably, take it real easy!

I am pretty sure cooked meat is easier to digest than raw meat. Almost 100% sure. It's possible I am wrong but I don't say nearly 100% sure lightly.

Personally I think it would be interesting if our character could get stronger or weaker. Calorie requirements could change based off strength. It wouldn't really work with how the game works though where you just starve to death in a day.

10 hours ago, Stone said:

I don't see why this would be about raw meat. And because indisputable facts just have to be disputed - some players, once surviving comfortably, take it real easy!

The bonus that we get in the end is awesome! Therefore, I took raw meat as a basis so that the player would have some difficulties getting it.

4 hours ago, odizzido said:

I am pretty sure cooked meat is easier to digest than raw meat. Almost 100% sure. It's possible I am wrong but I don't say nearly 100% sure lightly.

Raw meat is really perceived faster by the body and gives more benefits. At one time I was engaged in weightlifting and consulted with nutritionists about nutrition. As a result, in six months I gained muscle mass from 65 kg to 80 kg, without using steroids.