Truck battery inaccessible

yoww89

Yes, I've seen about 3 or 4 vehicles in Blackrock that have this issue... along with a few other items of "unobtainium." (e.g. a sewing kit in Forager's Retreat, a piece of coal in one of the caves) where no label is coming up to enable collecting them regardless of where I move my cursor or whether I stand or crouch.

8 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Yes, I've seen about 3 or 4 vehicles in Blackrock that have this issue... along with a few other items of "unobtainium." (e.g. a sewing kit in Forager's Retreat, a piece of coal in one of the caves) where no label is coming up to enable collecting them regardless of where I move my cursor or whether I stand or crouch.

Did you report it as a bug?

57 minutes ago, peteloud said:

If you look carefully you will see that there are two designs for the battery. One has a little less blue on it.  That one does not remove.

Or is it that the battery has simply sunk down and some of that blue top is now not visible?  I'd like to see some confirmation from HL that this is indeed an intentional different design for batteries that are not removable.  The colorful items in this game are normally ones with which the players can interact and more muted colors and/or visible damage are used on items that are not interact-able.  So far, the only region I'm seeing this in is Blackrock (which is also the only zone I'm finding the other mentioned items of "unobtainium."  Also of note is that the floor in the prison workshop has not been totally fixed.  Just yesterday, I had a gut drop below the floor and almost completely disappear.  I also accidentally dropped a can of food on the door at Bricklayer's Retreat and it disappeared (presumeably underneath it).  I did manage to retrieve the gut by crouching and eventually picking up on the label; but, so far, I haven't been able to even a flicker of label where the can should be.

Edited by UpUpAway95

In my experience, if there was not supposed to be a car battery then there was no car battery.  Haven't run into what the OP showed.  

I have run into a container of stump remover that was just out of reach in the snow as it was next to the bridge at High Meadow.  

An irritating occurrence has been that things like campfires, food, etc. that seem to sink into the snow or stone or ice or whatever the next time I visit the location.  It does not happen all the time but it can be a bit of an issue at times.  

7 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Not yet.  Currently starting additional saves to confirm it... and determine if it's happening in other regions or just Blackrock.

I've completely explored Mountain Town, Hushed River Valley, Broken Railroad, Ravine and Bleak Inlet in this save after the update (finnaly got my Faithful Cartographer btw 😁) and only found this now in Blackrock.

1 hour ago, Matt Lomax said:

Yep, I can't access that exact same one either. Tried a few times. I thought that pesky wolf that hangs around there might have super-glued it in so it can attack you whilst you try yank it out, the bearded scoundrel.

You got a point there sir

I have now encountered the "car battery that wasn't" in several vehicles in Blackrock.   One on the road to the prison and one in the prison parking area.  The image is of the one on the road to the prison. I put the cursor (the dot) on the "battery" and nothing. 

20220214114606_1.thumb.jpg.470d06c28a1f04dce19ef692ba980d76.jpg20220214114606_1.thumb.jpg.470d06c28a1f04dce19ef692ba980d76.jpg

6 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

I have now encountered the "car battery that wasn't" in several vehicles in Blackrock.   One on the road to the prison and one in the prison parking area.  The image is of the one on the road to the prison. I put the cursor (the dot) on the "battery" and nothing. 

20220214114606_1.thumb.jpg.470d06c28a1f04dce19ef692ba980d76.jpg20220214114606_1.thumb.jpg.470d06c28a1f04dce19ef692ba980d76.jpg

Yes, there are several vehicles in Blackrock affected by this.  So far, though, I've not found any affected in any other region.

I've seen these inaccessible batteries in BlackRock too, and the disappearing items still happening on the floor of the Workshop as well. Almost lost a hatchet there, but just happened to see the text flash as I turned past it.

Have not had the problems with items on car floors, but there is often a Salmon in a small boat off to the side of the Lighthouse trail in DP that I have never been able to get, no matter how or from where I try.

On 2/15/2022 at 7:20 AM, UTC-10 said:

See how two of the corners of the battery are missing, or not coloured.  That has been the case on the batteries that could not be removed.   On normal, removable batteries the whole top is blue. 

40 minutes ago, peteloud said:

See how two of the corners of the battery are missing, or not coloured.  That has been the case on the batteries that could not be removed.   On normal, removable batteries the whole top is blue. 

What you're seeing is a symptom of the fact that the battery is sunken down farther than it should be, relative to the car.  If it was lifted up an in-game inch or two, it would look like a completely normal battery.

• Upvote 1