Does anyone else herd rabbits?

Kranium

I do this (also with deer, but it's a bit harder) when I know I'm heading into wolf territory. I'll basically herd rabbits to run in the direction I'm going, so that wolves will go after them rather than me. I've found it to be a very effective tactic in Interloper.

On 12/28/2021 at 5:29 PM, odizzido said:

I will do that sometimes. Sometimes I drag the wolf to the deer too. The wolf will just stand there waiting to die after doing your bidding too. I personally find the high level of predictability this game has to be something I don't enjoy.

It's gonna be fun when they add the random wolf spawn setting or mod in the game, huh?  I know you'll especially enjoy getting eaten inside Trapper's.  No rabbit herding can save us then.

It also helps with bears too. Though the bear doesn't go after them, the rabbits scream if a bear gets close to them. Useful if you don't know a bear is nearby if you're walking in a bear area. 

But yes, I chase them around to act as decoys. The deer are unpredictable though. I have noticed that they have a "circle" that they like to be in, and if they get chased out of it, they will try to get back to it harder than a rabbit would. If you scare it once, the deer runs in the opposite direction of you. If you scare it twice, it might run right through you to get back to its area. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pencil said:

The deer are unpredictable though

They used to be a lot more predictable and would always run directly away from you, which made it really easy to herd them.  HL changed that and now sometimes run right through you - OUCH from the antlers?!