Mystery Lake Prepper Caches

Nalliah

I have some questions about prepper caches in Mystery Lake. I am pretty much a non-gamer-- I play TLD on Pilgrim Level which is challenging enough! I lasted exactly 3 minutes before wolves at me at my first Voyager run. So back to Pilgrim. That said, although I am really familiar with the main parts of the Mystery Lake map,  never have I ever come across a prepper cache. So a few questions: do these always spawn in the same locations? Are they guaranteed to spawn in any particular run, i.e., will there always be a prepper cache somewhere, or is it chance?

This particular Mystery Lake run there is a paucity of jackets. I would love to find the clothing prepper cache. Spoilers are fine!

Any help or guidance appreciated.

I have seen maybe one or two in my entire time, but from what I recall on pilgrim mode one is guaranteed to spawn in mystery lake. They have a kinda set location meaning that there are something like 5-6 places it could spawn but which one is random. For any additional info you would probably have to look up a map as I don't know any more than this.

@Hawk's info is pretty solid so you've got a great starting point to find the elusive prepper's caches on Mystery Lake.  

That being said, the four easiest locations to quickly check would be the weapons bunker which only spawns near Camp Office on the hill on the other side of the tracks.  I always check there first as it's among one of the easiest spots to check.  The medical bunker also only spawns in one spot and that is up the rope climb way down by the cabins, take the trail to the right of camp office.   Another easy spot to check is a food bunker that spawns on the hillside across from the tram car.  You can actually see it from the doorway of the tram in good weather.  Another easily and accessible spot is just tucked up behind the log sort area kinda right behind Carter Hydro dam.  Lots of times you find the backpack in that area with the polaroid pic in it.  The hatch is typically just a tucked off to the side.

The other bunker locations do require a bit more effort to find.  There's a hatch location way back up the hill past the Clear Cut area and those few times I've found it there, it was the firewood bunker.  there's also some good maps from the steam community, and also you can google the maps on images.  Good luck!