Appreciation

Diogo Guerreiro

This is really random and out of context I guess but I just wanted to say how mutch I appreciate and like this game. It quickly became one of my favorite games after I learned to play it, it's immersive, fun and challenging I really do love it, the community is awesome, the development team and everyone involved in the maiking of this game is really talented. This game just checks every box in what I would like a survival game to be! I only play it in the winter tho, doesn't feel right survimg a harsh environment in t-shirt and shorts with air conditioning on in my room. If you've managed to read all the way til now, what's your favorite thing about the game? That's all I guess, I hope you guys have a great day 

Edited by Diogo Guerreiro
Grammar corrections
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 5

Guest jeffpeng
On 12/8/2021 at 1:42 AM, Diogo Guerreiro said:

If you've managed to read all the way til now, what's your favorite thing about the game?

If I had to pick one I'd say that it leaves me to play it at my own devices, at my own pace with my own goals while providing adequate challenges to keep it interesting.

The sheer depth of the game and the excellent replayability make it to one of those I always return to, and every time I find something new to do, another thing to try, some different angle how to attack a given challenge. Somehow a fresh session of TLD never feels "stale", no matter how often you looted the damn dam. There are very few games out there that can claim the same achievement.

100% agree with all of you. Though I actually like playing it during the summer, maybe because our summers aren't usually very hot, but there's just something about sitting there, boiling in a t-shirt and shorts, whilst trying not to die in the frozen wasteland that is TLD. Sometimes the atmosphere can actually make me feel pretty cold.

That's definitely one of my favourite things with this game, the immersion. I know I'm not the only one here who can get so involved in a save, attached to a long-runnning survivor, and jump out of your seats when you hear that all familiar bark. And of course, you feel the utter devastation when you lose a survivor, but at the same time,  you're also thinking 'how do I prevent this from happening again?'

You get so emotionally invested in the game, and I love it

• Like 2

Yeah, TLD is in a class of its own for me too. What  I love the most are the quiet routine and the familiarity of the ambience (the sound design is just so on the spot). I've spent quite a lot of time in the forests and the archipelagos here in my life that the sounds and the calm peacefulness always takes me back to those places. There are some things I'd like (like depth for the snow) but it's a well working balance Hinterland has struck. Oh, and I really like the story in Wintermute.

But I digress, so I better stop here.