Sleeping Bear

ChillPlayer

I was making my way towards the exit in HRV and heard the typical grunting and snorting of a bear. I looked around but didn't see him walking, so I went closer to the edge of the cliff I was standing to check if the bear is near it's cave and there he was - sleeping on the ground! I've never seen a bear sleeping in TLD, are they known to do that? I swear I didn't kill him, he was well alive, just sleeping, looks kinda cute with his palm over the face, almost like a baby - still deadly but cute :D

screen_1bf0e1f7-0c88-418c-a8d5-f98970486f3b_hi.thumb.png.9de7b8087ad2b9ab5ae05ed043766067.png

Unless you're in Pilgrim. Then they wake up and run away. 

I do not know why bears decide to go to sleep in the open rather than return to their cave (and I have seen a bear sleeping in its cave).  I have seen bears in some odd but not unreasonable locations snoozing away.  It was not even night.  Baffling it is.  🙂

5 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

Unless you're in Pilgrim. Then they wake up and run away. 

I do not know why bears decide to go to sleep in the open rather than return to their cave (and I have seen a bear sleeping in its cave).  I have seen bears in some odd but not unreasonable locations snoozing away.  It was not even night.  Baffling it is.  🙂

Actually the cave is the only place I haven't seen them sleep!  Just shows how warm his hide is though!🙂

On 11/6/2021 at 2:04 AM, Leeanda said:

Actually the cave is the only place I haven't seen them sleep!  Just shows how warm his hide is though!🙂

On the contrary, the cave is the only place I have seen them sleep and I've got 1700 steam hours in...nice find!

2 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

On the contrary, the cave is the only place I have seen them sleep and I've got 1700 steam hours in...nice find!

Thinking about it it does seem odd that I haven't. Never seen one in a cave at all actually! perhaps I haven't been playing enough!🙂

10 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

This one in the picture was sleeping at it's cave, you see some bones above his head.

Oh right! Sorry the old eyes aren't what they used to be!😁 And now I have seen a bear sleeping in his cave! Just not on any of my runs!🙂

Edited by Leeanda

I was in BR once, and slept in that cave with that big log outside. There were no bones or anything so I assumed I was safe. Woke up, and there was a bear sleeping on the other side of the fire! Good thing I was on pilgrim cause as soon as I took a step she woke up and ran out. Was pretty cool. I wonder if I had been on a harder level if he would have attacked me as I slept. 

Last night ı start a new save in ash canyon ( such a great map but ı didnt know the region very well so ı wanna look closely and maybe pick up polaroids) ı was around miners folly and then ı heard snoring. Bear was sleeping in front of me with a little cute shaking. I was pilgrim so ı walk around but bear didnt even wake up. I loot the area and did some sewing work but bear was sleeping all time (about 4-5 hours) lol.

• Like 1