How to get out of Blackrock post fire

Glflegolas

Hello,

I can't seem to figure out how to get through the suffocation maze at the start of the final chapter of Episode 4. I manage to get through the air duct and get under the fallen filing cabinet to the two rooms off the hallway behind it, but both of those rooms seem to be dead ends. Is there something I'm missing?

13 minutes ago, Glflegolas said:

@LeeandaFound my way out now, thanks! Looks like my screen brightness was too low to see the ramp leading onto the desk. I do like playing TLD in a room with a window, but it does mean that I need to adjust the brightness based on outdoor conditions.

Glad you escaped! I had trouble earlier than that. I didn't see the air duct!😁died twice lol! 

Spoiler alert. I did find an issue.  After completing the mine story line I set out to finish the side missions which I did. Made it back to the prison  but got attacked by the wolves there. Made it and hobbled into the outside prison door. Once inside all. I mean all my letters keys and side mission goodies. I tried to go into the yard to meet the thugs and I could not get through that door. Tried a previous save and made it in with all items safe. Except the cut scene in the jail with Mathis ready to spoiler Alert ! Bash my head in you know the explosion 💥 and after I look done the hall no Mathis can't do poo. Nothing works. Went to the office to get the box can't pick it up. What tf is up?? 

On 10/17/2021 at 10:48 AM, Rzilla said:

Spoiler alert. I did find an issue.  After completing the mine story line I set out to finish the side missions which I did. Made it back to the prison  but got attacked by the wolves there. Made it and hobbled into the outside prison door. Once inside all. I mean all my letters keys and side mission goodies. I tried to go into the yard to meet the thugs and I could not get through that door. Tried a previous save and made it in with all items safe. Except the cut scene in the jail with Mathis ready to spoiler Alert ! Bash my head in you know the explosion 💥 and after I look done the hall no Mathis can't do poo. Nothing works. Went to the office to get the box can't pick it up. What tf is up?? 

You broke the script sequence somehow.  Since it is basically impossible to figure out what action you did or did not do that caused it, if that save you used ended up not allowing you to proceed (you did try again just to make sure it was not a chance glitch) then maybe you will have to delve farther back and try to carry on.  

I watched a play-through where the character died of suffocation so the player went to an earlier save (autosave in a deadly atmosphere might not work too well) and then space barred through the dialog (skipped it) to find himself pretty much where you were.  He had to go back and took care to NOT hurry through the dialog which then got him through to where he wanted to be. 

Good luck.