Control room door bug

jeflea2768

I am having the same problem on steam. I've thawed the door but no option to open the door or break the padlock and no clues. Running out of food and time and not sure if its something I'm missing or a bug? Should the heavy hammer be used on it somehow??

On 10/16/2021 at 2:25 PM, jeflea2768 said:

So just got the door thawed, however it's not unlocking. Anyone else experiencing? I see reports on Reddit of the same issue. Any work around? Issues on series x

Sorry you're having trouble. We've created a quick forum post that will hopefully help in the meantime: 

I strugled with this bug for a while. I eventually found a way to open the door and this is how I did it. 

Load up a save in which you haven't tried to open the 3rd door. Make sure to leave all the valves in the right order everywhere like devs instructed, but in addition.

1. Make sure that you don't return outside the steam tunnels while working on the puzzle. 

2. Make sure that you carry all loot from the tunnels as well as the gear you have with you when entered the tunnels when opening the last valve and thawing the bugged door. I recommend that you don't store any items you find from the tunnels after picking them up.

I did this by storing most of my old items in the lockers found near the second door and picking them all up when going (very slowly) to the final valve. 

A minor spoiler here, but opening the bugged door doesn't instantly trigger anything that would limit your choises in any way, in case you want to store things in the tunnels for example, which is what I wanted to do while playing.

Hope this helps someone

-Tuukka