wolf wont die and shares his dinner

piddy3825

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Correct!😁

Yay, I win!!

So do you remember, I think his name was Sloth?

Anyways, his distorted visage gave me nightmares for a very long time after I saw the movie.  Somehow after the memory faded over time, I swear I see the guy again but this time he was a demon general in one of the Lord of the Rings movies...  So, that was makeup right?  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, piddy3825 said:

Yay, I win!!

Anyways, his distorted visage gave me nightmares for a very long time after I saw the movie.  Somehow after the memory faded over time, I swear I see the guy again but this time he was a demon general in one of the Lord of the Rings movies...  So, that was makeup right?  

I certainly do remember  it's kind of hard to forget! Plus it's one of my favourite films!  Very good make up! Not seen any LOTR though. As for Goonies I gotta say my favourite was Mouth!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Yay, I win!!

Checked on Google only to find that "sloth" died 4 years after Goonies so unless lord of the rings is that old it wasn't him! And it really was extremely good make up! 

6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Checked on Google only to find that "sloth" died 4 years after Goonies so unless lord of the rings is that old it wasn't him! And it really was extremely good make up! 

RIP Sloth!

Well, good to know it was makeup and not some horrible birth defect.  There was a time in cinema where they actually hired people with extreme disabilities and disfigurements that they found in circus side shows to act in their movies.  The 1932 Horror movie "Freaks" was one such production.  I suppose that the guy who designed the demon general's makeup probably was equally impressed with Sloth's appearance in Goonies and modeled his demon general's visage out of respect for Sloth's character.  The visual still sticks to me this day.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, piddy3825 said:

RIP Sloth!

Well, good to know it was makeup and not some horrible birth defect.  There was a time in cinema where they actually hired people with extreme disabilities and disfigurements that they found in circus side shows to act in their movies.  The 1932 Horror movie "Freaks" was one such production.  I suppose that the guy who designed the demon general's makeup probably was equally impressed with Sloth's appearance in Goonies and modeled his demon general's visage out of respect for Sloth's character.  The visual still sticks to me this day.

I vaguely remember someone saying they used to do that. Not seen Freaks but the title rings a bell. I think he was actually a pro footballer before Goonies! You should give the film another go! It's a classic and things are never as bad as we remember them!

• 2 weeks later...