Bullets but no guns ?

slyreaper

Orwell - WEll other than the one in my house I've not gone looking for a rifle :)

In the game I've always found a rifle on every map. I did have one run where the only rifle in ML was the one at the bottom of the dam. That was a rough run but it was also pretty satisfying.

Orwell - WEll other than the one in my house I've not gone looking for a rifle :)

Ok, now this means no joking with you, or I can go on with it and survive?

( I have 4 rifles in PV, had to harvest 1 because I felt so rich, still this topic would be a better place in alpha feedback than wishlist, however it is still a wish :D )

I'm just saying. In the Canadian wilderness im willing to bet there would be multiple guns.

and metal critter traps ( thats another post )

I don't know any one who if they have one, just owns one.

And no one in the game is alive so its not like they left town with them.

More guns please. Add it to the wish list.

I got a shot gun, rifle and a four wheel drive. A country boy can survive !

I'm just saying. In the Canadian wilderness im willing to bet there would be multiple guns.

and metal critter traps ( thats another post )

I don't know any one who if they have one, just owns one.

And no one in the game is alive so its not like they left town with them.

More guns please. Add it to the wish list.

I got a shot gun, rifle and a four wheel drive. A country boy can survive !

Dont you perhaps think that there should be Coop and Wolves are too hard to handle? :D

Raph said in Twitter that there's a 100% rifle spawn in Coastal Highway. I did the Exploration achievement and didn't find any, but now I've realized I haven't checked one car, so it must be there. I'll check that tonight.

yep every map has at the very least one rifle

ML possibles

1 Trappers Cabin

2 The Forestry Lookout

3 Lowest level of the Hydrocarter Damn

4 inside the train car

5 behind the lone cabin next to a body

6 on the Lake trail next to a body

7 the hunters bunker if you get it

CH possibilities

1 beneath the first bridge as you enter the coastal highway spawn next to a body ammo is common there too

2 House on Jack Rabbit island, in the bedroom

3 the fishing shack between jackrabbit island and Misathropes island

4 in the car closest to the commuters lament

5 the abandoned lookout

PV

1 The farmhouse most common spawn in the den

2 Three Strikes Farmstead

3 Misty falls picnic area

3 the hunters bunker

Wait no one is left alive, but there aren't enough bodies to account for all the buildings, so maybe some folks had left and they took the other weapons with them. What you are finding is what was left.

Ok well lets play this scenario out.

Electrical storm happens, knocks out power and vehicles rendered useless ( as demonstrated by your plane falling from the sky) . everyone hunkers down or sets out on foot.

because this is a sand box all roads lead to land slides or are blocked by mountains. every one on foot is left inside the sand box ( every one is on foot because vehicles are disabled )

People die of the elements ( frozen / wolf ) if the guns are not in there house they would be carrying them on there body or left them in the car they were driving went it died.

The lack of bodies in the game would be due to getting eaten or buried under snow. I am not willing to accept 99% of the guns are under snow.

Lets think things through logically by the parameters set by the story and the game..... in short There should be more guns and a plethora of other small changes.

The devs came up with a great original idea for a game. Its up to us to help them make a game that everyone will purchase and enjoy or they are just wasting their time. Everyone will have ideas and opinions but if your going to make a survival sim game, make a survival sim game and not a watered down exploration game with a bunch of holes in the story. Thats the difference between a $10 game on steam and GOTY. It looks like they are going to be trying for a great game that people will enjoy and not another game people only pick up when its 60% off on steam.

* Drop mic and walk off stage *

yep every map has at the very least one rifle

ML possibles

1 Trappers Cabin

2 The Forestry Lookout

3 Lowest level of the Hydrocarter Damn

4 inside the train car

5 behind the lone cabin next to a body

6 on the Lake trail next to a body

7 the hunters bunker if you get it

You missed one. Under the Bridge between the Dam and Train Loading, next to the use fire pit deal propped up against the Bridge support.

Wait no one is left alive, but there aren't enough bodies to account for all the buildings, so maybe some folks had left and they took the other weapons with them. What you are finding is what was left.

Ok well lets play this scenario out.

Electrical storm happens, knocks out power and vehicles rendered useless ( as demonstrated by your plane falling from the sky) . everyone hunkers down or sets out on foot.

because this is a sand box all roads lead to land slides or are blocked by mountains. every one on foot is left inside the sand box ( every one is on foot because vehicles are disabled )

People die of the elements ( frozen / wolf ) if the guns are not in there house they would be carrying them on there body or left them in the car they were driving went it died.

The lack of bodies in the game would be due to getting eaten or buried under snow. I am not willing to accept 99% of the guns are under snow.

Lets think things through logically by the parameters set by the story and the game..... in short There should be more guns and a plethora of other small changes.

The devs came up with a great original idea for a game. Its up to us to help them make a game that everyone will purchase and enjoy or they are just wasting their time. Everyone will have ideas and opinions but if your going to make a survival sim game, make a survival sim game and not a watered down exploration game with a bunch of holes in the story. Thats the difference between a $10 game on steam and GOTY. It looks like they are going to be trying for a great game that people will enjoy and not another game people only pick up when its 60% off on steam.

* Drop mic and walk off stage *

* picks up the mic *

Well, the people walked to Coastal Highway and left by sailboat. Or maybe those landslides happened after the people left the area? Some people could even be under those landslides.

As for the holes in the story, maybe that's because the strory isn't finished yet?

Really.... Sail boat ! in those winds ..... in Canada.....when the lakes are frozen....I call shenanigans.

Your plane crashed DUE TO the electro magnetic storm in the game which means when it crashed everyone would be on the same time line. Its not like people had warning and they were evacuating while you decided to do a fly over. It all happened at once.

As much as i hate the wolves, because of there back story it makes the dead bodies plausible. As soon as people stepped outside they were hunted down. ( like we all get in game )

Geomagnetic, not electro magnetic, similar, but quite a bit different. Geomagnetics is the study of the earth's magnetization due to the flow of materials within the core, causing currently, a dipole system. If you were to use google or wikipedia, you'd learn that every now and again large polar shifts occur, sometimes causing multiple poles to spring forth, yet weaker in overall magnitude, and often causing a reversal of the poles. The last time this occurred was 780,000 years ago. Also to note, magnetic north over the years has been on the move away from northern Canada closer to Siberia at a rate of about 40km per year and accelerating (it was 10km per year 100 years ago), as well as the decrease in magnetic strength of about 15% over the last 150 years.

Why this is occurring isn't really understood, though there's lots of theories. But with this weakening can cause these storms to have more of an impact on us. We are protected from much of the sun's dangerous charged particles because of the magnetic field. Storms caused by the solar winds occur all the time, most often noticed by the aurora's. In 1989, a strong geomagnetic storm energized ground-induced currents which then knocked out power to most of Quebec, and caused aurorae in the sky even in Texas. Something in history which I think the game's Developers are using to support their concept.

How this applies to the game, well, it all depends on the developers really. The story has not been released about when the event occurred or why the character was flying towards the region. We crashed, we survived, everyone else is currently gone. That's as much as we know. So to say the storm occurred at the precise moment our plane went down, well, you don't know that. We don't know when the storm began, how far spread the affects are, so it's just as likely the event occurred, and the player was sent into the area after the fact and the event is still ongoing.

Archived