Twm door not shutting!

Leeanda

Does this occur no matter how long the door has been for? It's the same with the fence door at Carter Hydro Dam. I created a support ticket and they responded that if you try and close the door too soon after you opened it this will happen because the opening sequence is still activated (even though it looks complete), thereby blocking the closing sequence. I use one click, not hold by the way.

36 minutes ago, manolitode said:

Does this occur no matter how long the door has been for? It's the same with the fence door at Carter Hydro Dam. I created a support ticket and they responded that if you try and close the door too soon after you opened it this will happen because the opening sequence is still activated (even though it looks complete), thereby blocking the closing sequence. I use one click, not hold by the way.

It always does it even after me leaving it open for a while ! Left it open ,go fishing or bear culling ,then come back and double press to shut! Not a major problem as on pilgrim, but when I go onto another mode its going to be a problem it has done it a few times at the dam, but not very often!

Edited by Leeanda

22 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

when I go onto another mode its going to be a problem it has done it a few times at the dam, but not very often!

Yeah you don't want a non-responsive door when trying to slam it in a charging wolf's face. 

Have you created a support ticket?

Is it possible you are just clicking open to quickly once you move your cursor or mouse over the door?  
at least on pc, the door swings inside when your opening it from the outside and it swings outside the cabin when you open the door from the inside.  
I've noted on a few instances where I was also standing to close to the door, essentially standing in the doorway when attempting to close the door and I had to click 
it more than once to get it to move.   I just figured this made sense since the door is essential a physical object and we cant both occupy the same space, lol.

as you said, not so much a problem in Pilgrim mode, but since ole Wolfy will follow you right up to the door while trying to attack you, having to frantically click more than once to open or close the door does seem problematic.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

Is it possible you are just clicking open to quickly once you move your cursor or mouse over the door?  
at least on pc, the door swings inside when your opening it from the outside and it swings outside the cabin when you open the door from the inside.  
I've noted on a few instances where I was also standing to close to the door, essentially standing in the doorway when attempting to close the door and I had to click 
it more than once to get it to move.   I just figured this made sense since the door is essential a physical object and we cant both occupy the same space, lol.

as you said, not so much a problem in Pilgrim mode, but since ole Wolfy will follow you right up to the door while trying to attack you, having to frantically click more than once to open or close the door does seem problematic.  

I have the hold button on not the tap. Admittedly I did sometimes stand close to it but now I make sure I'm not in the way and it still happens.

I figured out the space problem a while ago in one of the lookouts! Couldn't get out half the time cos the door kept pushing me!

Maybe it's my controller it is known for being over sensitive . It killed me several times on the ravine crossing!☺️ 

Even on pilgrim it could be a problem if the bear or moose decides to attack, but luckily that hasn't happened yet!

Edited by Leeanda
  • Like 1

When opening/closing doors that can be opened/closed, any attempt to open/close a door while the door is still in the animation from the previous open/close action will fail. You must allow the door to fully complete it's open/close animation before trying a new open/close action.

If your problem is different from this explanation, please disregard it.

I'm selling them now!  
Just re-opened the store at Thomson's Crossing in Pleasant Valley.

Welcome to the Shovel Chalet

screen_0c5d8733-16eb-4193-9f79-1decde24fa1a_hi.thumb.png.6329a7082c4bbee71731f0dab137229d.png

I've got a 2 for 1 special going on right now!
Financing Available or use our convenient
Lay-A-Way Program!

Supplies limited to stock on hand.
no rainchecks

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, piddy3825 said:

I'm selling them now!  
Just re-opened the store at Thomson's Crossing in Pleasant Valley.

Welcome to the Shovel Chalet

screen_0c5d8733-16eb-4193-9f79-1decde24fa1a_hi.thumb.png.6329a7082c4bbee71731f0dab137229d.png

I've got a 2 for 1 special going on right now!
Financing Available or use our convenient
Lay-A-Way Program!

Supplies limited to stock on hand.
no rainchecks

Lol. Would you swap one for a couple of moose hides?  Freshly cured today!. Could also offer several hundred pounds of bear meat?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Lol. Would you swap one for a couple of moose hides?  Freshly cured today!. Could also offer several hundred pounds of bear meat?

ah yes, the ole barter system!  hmm, what else ya got?  I could use some toilet paper and rifle shells. 
lol, bullets and bunwads!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Stinky socks said:

Very good to hear friendly folk chatter in the stores! Life is slowly coming back to the island!

Well after all that panic buying last year there hasn't been much in the shops! I suppose good old messages aren't the same!

7 hours ago, Leeanda said:
5 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

ah yes, the ole barter system!  hmm, what else ya got?  I could use some toilet paper and rifle shells. 
lol, bullets and bunwads!

Toilet paper???   Haven't seen that for a long time, could give you newspaper though! It's a bit rough on the old behind but it's the best I got!. 

Not many rifle shells but lots for  revolver!  How about rabbit hides just did a massive cull for my badge so got about 50 spare! Oh and lots of antiseptic!

1 hour ago, piddy3825 said:

ok no TP, but you have rabbit hides...
I've never considered cleaning my backside with a rabbit pelt, but I bet I could make that work...

You could use them to make some furry underwear! Wont half Tickle when you walk!