Fluffy or scruffy?

Leeanda

I've heard many people saying Fluffy when talking about the cannery wolf so who is scruffy? Are they one and the same or is it just a nickname for wolves in general? I'm sure there are numerous names for them (some unprintable)! 

24 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Thanks! I know there's one in an ice cave so is there one in both?

There's that one ocassional HRV ice cave wolf, but the other one is in Desolation Point (the cave under the bridge at the end of the road)

17 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

There's always been clutter there since I had the game!

I thought there was still one inside the dam on the harder modes?

The "clutter" was added when Ep 1 and 2 first launched. Prior to that, the dam was pretty much mostly open space. That was also when the wolf was removed from the dam. There is no wolf in the dam anymore regardless of which mode you play.

• Upvote 1

On 6/26/2021 at 5:50 PM, Glflegolas said:

FYI, the wolf in the cannery pier workshop is officially known as Fluffy in the changelog. Scruffy is the wolf in the big cave in Desolation Point. The wolf in the Hushed River Valley ice cave has no commonly accepted name for some reason.

Perhaps but I don't think many really even know of the existence of the DP wolf, as it's there in a corner where you never actually need to go to, whereas with cannery wolf the name Scruffy has endured far better life. And most people still associate name Fluffy with the original...

Oh well, at least the real Fluffy lives on forever with time capsule. The old dam was much much better and atmospheric imo, less annoying looting too...

Fluffy was the HydroDam wolf and the most legendary of them all. :wolf:

Scruffy is the wolf living in the cave at the Desolation Point.

Frosty is the Hushed River Valley wolf living in the ice caves.

I don't know the name of the Cannery Wolf. I believe some people refer to him as the new Fluffy.

Edited by tulkawen
  • Upvote 1

There are quite a few different opinions on this.but I have wondered why the cannery wolf is not the same as the other wolves in bleak! sorry can't remember which is which! The only way to find out who is who is to trawl through all the archives and find whoever used the names originally! That could take a very long time! 

But when I asked originally I meant the names being used now!