Cairns

Leeanda

24 minutes ago, peteloud said:

Surely there is a Cairn Table on a spoiler website which gives you the exactly location of every cairn.  I wouldn't use it, but some would.

There is now. However, I'm pretty sure I was the first one to find them all before the spoilers were created. I even discovered two of them had the same cairn number... and therefore, only 164 of the 165 could be discovered. Reported the duplicates to Hinterland and they renumbered one of the duplicates (with the missing cairn number) on the next patch release so that all 165 would be found and reported.

Edited by ProsPex

It took me many, many, many days - if not weeks. I had to go over the same maps again and again, looking in every nook and cranny, climbing in some very troublesome spots. The worst was not knowing which regions the last few were hiding in.

I worked with @Gecko-[GER] to update his set of maps with the cairn locations. His maps can be found in his Travel Guide:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=937442672

As @peteloud says above, it's more of a challenge (and thus more fun) if you find them on your own, so try to use the maps as a last resort. I personally found it extremely rewarding and satisfying when I found the last one 😀

Unfortunately, there is no achievement at this time....

Edited by ProsPex
  • Upvote 1

Thanks! Would only use maps as a quick scan so I can roughly see where not specific spots! I would presume that some areas have more than others.and only if I ran out of things to do!Trouble is that blizzard's keep following me every where I go at the moment!!!

• Upvote 2

• 2 years later...
Just now, ajb1978 said:

I have a full accounting of all cairns ;)

It's something I do every run.

I've been trying to get them all for three years but somehow never got past about 80, so as I'm going for my first 1000 day run Ive made a real effort trying to find them... I got to 130 + and then had to resort to maps... Broken was the only one I couldn't find one for..  yours is a big help, and I'd missed three there so I'm there at the moment .. 

Still got some buffers,and notes to find though...    I'm a bit curious about the notes . I had them all except one til tftft was launched...are there really over 20 on the new maps?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Leeanda said:

I've been trying to get them all for three years but somehow never got past about 80, so as I'm going for my first 1000 day run Ive made a real effort trying to find them... I got to 130 + and then had to resort to maps... Broken was the only one I couldn't find one for..  yours is a big help, and I'd missed three there so I'm there at the moment .. 

Still got some buffers,and notes to find though...    I'm a bit curious about the notes . I had them all except one til tftft was launched...are there really over 20 on the new maps?

To my knowledge no new cairns have been added and there remain only 165 throughout the entire world. But then again I don't have social media in any capacity so I may have missed an update somewhere along the line.

The Wiki page has a rather butchered version of my list on it, showing all locations.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ajb1978 said:

To my knowledge no new cairns have been added and there remain only 165 throughout the entire world. But then again I don't have social media in any capacity so I may have missed an update somewhere along the line.

The Wiki page has a rather butchered version of my list on it, showing all locations.

Sorry I didn't mean new cairns... I meant notes...  Went off topic a bit ...I'm half asleep today and my brains wandering😁

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Sorry I didn't mean new cairns... I meant notes...  Went off topic a bit ...I'm half asleep today and my brains wandering😁

Ohhh yes no you're right, I misread, that one's on me.

Um.. Shit. Somehow I don't recall that detail. Of all the things I did in the new regions, I don't recall buffer memories... 

Well I guess I have a project now.

Edit: Actually no, changed my mind. If there were buffer memories, surely I would've encountered at least one. Odds are if it were true I'd have stumbled on it, so I'm not gonna make a whole project out of this!

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Ohhh yes no you're right, I misread, that one's on me.

Um.. Shit. Somehow I don't recall that detail. Of all the things I did in the new regions, I don't recall buffer memories... 

Well I guess I have a project now.

Edit: Actually no, changed my mind. If there were buffer memories, surely I would've encountered at least one. Odds are if it were true I'd have stumbled on it, so I'm not gonna make a whole project out of this!

No worries..   with all that glimmer fog you'd definitely have noticed them ...  

I want to get the last missing note from somewhere in blackrock before I finish the buffers..

• Upvote 1

Turns out that despite using a map already in coastal highway,the wiki says there are at least 6 more cairns there.. so does anyone have an up to date complete cairn map of everywhere lol....  I now doubt all the previous maps I've used ,except @ajb1978 of course😊

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2024 at 6:33 AM, Leeanda said:

Turns out that despite using a map already in coastal highway,the wiki says there are at least 6 more cairns there.. so does anyone have an up to date complete cairn map of everywhere lol....  I now doubt all the previous maps I've used ,except @ajb1978 of course😊

Tell me where you are, I'll tell you where you need to go!

Big project otherwise, to map out the whole world.

CH Cairns.jpg

Edited by ajb1978
Edited to attach CH Cairn map image. This one I found online and saved a copy of a couple years ago--I don't know if it's still available online.
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Tell me where you are, I'll tell you where you need to go!

Big project otherwise, to map out the whole world.

CH Cairns.jpg

Honestly I'm a bit confused... That's the map I used but checking the wiki list says I've missed about 6 of them in coastal..  I'm actually there now just looking around randomly..

I've been using the same maps for all the other areas too ,but still missing about 19.. they don't tally with wiki..

I didn't mean to sound like I was asking you specifically, I know it's a big thing . I just wondered if there were other maps because these seem to be the only ones I can find on Google.

But thank you for the help😊

• Upvote 1