A new area somewhere down the line where you encounter...

Loppysaurusrex

A decent sized town, some factories maybe, just to give kinda a change of pace from all the wilderness, obviously the town would be "reclaimed" by nature as the disastrous winter would have snowed in a large amount of buildings, but the dev's did say they're going to add people into the game eventually and this scenario would be really cool, as humans would be a survival element in real life, perhaps you would be going through derelict buildings and encounter cannibals and survivors.

I personally think it would be really cool and wouldn't deviate too much from the atmosphere of the game.

Just one simple question.

How would you react to a town?

My reactions in order:

WTF WTF WTF ?

SURVIVORS?

LOOT?

AM I DEAD, IS THIS HEAVEN?

I just finished reading "The Road" last night and right now, finding a real town in the game would be really spooky and far more scary than anything else so far. It's strange, really, finding the idea of the wilderness more comforting than the idea of finding other people.

A decent sized town, some factories maybe, just to give kinda a change of pace from all the wilderness, obviously the town would be "reclaimed" by nature as the disastrous winter would have snowed in a large amount of buildings, but the dev's did say they're going to add people into the game eventually and this scenario would be really cool, as humans would be a survival element in real life, perhaps you would be going through derelict buildings and encounter cannibals and survivors.

I personally think it would be really cool and wouldn't deviate too much from the atmosphere of the game.

+1 for a small abandoned town

Would be exciting to search it, as one would maybe expect survivors there. Even if in the end there are none. Don't know about "cannibals", that would be a bit harsh.

I'm not in favour of a town overrun by people who have lost their humanity and turn into what are essentially zombies without the undead part.

If you find a small town, it would have to be stripped bare, some buildings burned down. Some houses would be flooded (burst pipes due to the intense cold)

I don't want this game to shift too deeply into the horror/zombie genre, it should have scary points, such as hallucinations due to illness or realistic scary parts such as the moment of dark surprise as you almost fall off a ledge into a hidden drop.

The game shouldn't try imitating existing games. It should strive to be a landmark in its own territory, breaking new ground instead of revisiting old stuff covered by existing titles.

I´d rather they make the houses in the CTownsite more easthetically different from one another, rather than adding a new whole town, which is going to look very samey.The whole point of mystery of the first map was that the houses(the few thay had, but still) had a very different look from one another.

Id like to see a couple of buildings similar sized or slightly larger than the barn. A township type map would add an interesting option, maybe with a small main street with some shops or stores or even a supermarket to loot and set up shop!

I´d rather they make the houses in the CTownsite more easthetically different from one another, rather than adding a new whole town, which is going to look very samey.The whole point of mystery of the first map was that the houses(the few thay had, but still) had a very different look from one another.

or even if they have the same exterior, have radically different interiors. Like Misanthrope's Homestead is the same as the house that is up on the hill in town... and one of the houses that in town proper, but as the name suggests I'd like to see it truly be the home of a misanthrope... like have a ravaged dear carcass on the kitchen table, trash bags piled up high around the door, a single bead up in the bedroom, place the tv and a chair up in the loft area with table loaded with drink cans

I don't think it would be too much of a deviation as you say. One could find one or two survivors living off of what they could scrape together if the devs decide to really add people to the game. One wouldn't want too many though. That feeling of solitude as one explores would be ruined if too many people were encountered. The town wouldn't be some overgrown going back to nature thing either, there hasn't been time for that but a town recently abandoned for the most part with hungry dogs, wolves who've gotten up the courage to enter what is no longer a populated area and or other creatures, large dangerous masses of rats coming up from the sewers to feed on whatever they found that didn't move fast enough to get away perhaps but I think animals escaped from a zoo as someone suggested would be a bit of a stretch though a huge ape would make a heck of a boss to fight. :D

Archived