Hobbs...

Wonderland wanderer

Hobbs...  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I pulled it, because I knew it would release the flood gates in the bleeding in which I expected him to die just a lil slower. 

-was it me not finding it or do you not get to keep the knife you pull out?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jeffpeng
On 4/6/2021 at 11:29 PM, RegentRelic said:

Hobbs is an object.

Please stop objectifying people.

On 5/7/2021 at 12:50 AM, GothSkunk said:

It also worth noting that, given the location where Hobbs was stabbed, pulling the knife out might have have caused him to start freshly bleeding, and without proper medical attention, he'd have bled out on that couch, so he's dead either way.

Exactly right. Anywhere a person was stabbed it is very likely that pulling the knife actually opens up a wound it was sealing before. Just in case anyone ever has to care for a person that has a knife stuck in them or has been impaled otherwise: Don't pull it out, and of course don't push it in. Leave it, call emergency services (unless like a T-Rex is hunting you).

And on topic: I pulled because I was like "oooh, free knife". Sad times 😞

Ah right, and about "choices". I mean I've got EMT training. Seeing Hobbs there with that knife stuck in his belly there was no chance he wouldn't die in any case without means of proper treatment, which would have to involve surgery. So it wasn't actually a choice, since the outcome was pretty much ... the same. That dude's done.

Edited by jeffpeng

Guest jeffpeng
3 hours ago, Glflegolas said:

If you wanted to end his suffering, the best way would be to knock him unconscious by bumping him on the head with the wolf bonker. The dude's going to die of blood loss anyways based on where he's stabbed.

Not necessarily. But what he would have died of in any case would be a slow and agonizing death due to infection, subsequent sepsis and possibly even necroses. It's fascinating what kinds of injuries the body can sustain without bleeding out if major blood vessels are missed. But deep penetrations of the abdomen and in his case certainly the bowels will lead to possibly the worst kind of infection a human can sustain - infection of the inner abdominal walls due to intestinal spillage. Might take days, and is certain to be some of the most cruel ways to go. And even if by some miracle his body would have survived the initial sepsis, inner organ necroses would have eaten him from the inside.

You cannot fix such an injury unless you perform restorative surgery, meaning opening up the abdominal cavity, cleaning and fixing the inner lacerations, and sewing everything back together so that he will be left with a working intestines, and follow this up with a treatment of strong antibiotics and an extended period of rest.

Having someone survive such an injury is one of the miracles of 20th century medicine, and even the most gifted surgeon would look upon an almost impossible task to do this without the proper instruments, a sterile OR and the right kind of medication. If you have such an injury and you have any hope of proper treatment within hours your chances of survival are actually very good. But without that there is no hope whatsoever.

You can even make the argument that pulling out the knife and cutting his left carotid artery would have been the most human course of action as he would have bled out in mere seconds with losing consciousness even faster.

So, in real life. If some Hobbs tried to murder your wife or husband or whatever, someone family, what would you do if you found him?(similar situation as in game)

A. I'd seek him medical attention.

B. Run away, as I'd be shock scared

C. Kill him (or even torture. Is that legal in Canada?)

The answer would be ...A.

I'd tie him up first though! Then I'd visit him in prison to tell him 'thanks ! you saved me from needing a divorce lawyer!😄

My husband was a control freak!( Seriously) 

I'm in sunny England but I'm sure torture is illegal everywhere!!

Edited by Leeanda

I meant you're not making men sound very good!  It's an English expression! And I meant - why are you worse!?

No I'm not upset! Why would I be? I can take whatever you can throw at me !😄 Except bear droppings!!!

Why are you for sale????😄

The more you simplify things the easier life will be! Sorry it sounds like I've upset you now! Somehow!😥

Anyway the point was that morally its the right thing to do! Even if he is a murderous scumbag!! He was on the prison bus for a good reason!! 

😍