Undress Button

Rotorouter

You can save wear and tear of clothes by undressing before sleeping (only in a temperature-safe location like interior beds of course). It would be nice to have an undress button on the clothing screen to save the tedious clicking which is currently necessary. 

At the same time, a "dress" button on the same screen could load the clothing configuration which you had on at the time you last used the "undress" button.

It would be reasonable for each dress/undress action to take 10-15 minutes, IMHO.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, RegentRelic said:

Don't be slow. That's all there is to it. Also what's an IMHO.

Thank you for the help my friend. I was hoping there might be a trick like double click to remove clothes item.

(The acronym IMHO means In My Honest Opinion). Thanks again :coffee:

11 hours ago, Rotorouter said:

You can save wear and tear of clothes by undressing before sleeping (only in a temperature-safe location like interior beds of course). It would be nice to have an undress button on the clothing screen to save the tedious clicking which is currently necessary. 

It'd definitely be convenient if you fall through ice or if you sleeping on a ledge on the Timberwolf mountain summit while, unbeknownst to you, a freak blizzard rolled in while asleep leaving you to find all your clothes frozen solid and your bearskin bedroll ruined, only to fade into the long dark before you can even strip off your boots and coat. Yeah I'm still feeling that last run :(

Edited by one_shurbbery

21 hours ago, s7mar7in said:

Thank you for the help my friend. I was hoping there might be a trick like double click to remove clothes item.

There is. Exactly like what you said. You can double-click the item in the Clothing menu. This can be very useful for when you need to undress for walking through cave-waterfalls for instance. Same thing to reequip the clothes too - but pay a bit of attention to what clothes it puts on, because sometimes it may switch between what you had on inner or outer layer. It usually depends on the condition of the clothes. But yes, double right click with the mouse is what you mean.

-----

On the actual idea: I dont think this is neccesary. The wear & tear on clothes that are worn when sleeping is pretty negligable unless we are talking about Interloper. Even on Stalker I would say its pretty negligible, for most items anyway. Its usually the crappy items that degrade faster when worn indoors.

But if it happens to be an issue, you all can just use the trick I just described - to strip of clothes fast, and to put them on just as fast afterwards. It takes only a moment. And while I usually am a fan of quality-of-life changes, in this case I would prefer it wasnt the case. In some way, TLD is such a great game for how inconvenient some things are. This in a way simulates undressing as a task performed by the player. 

17 hours ago, one_shurbbery said:

It'd definitely be convenient if you fall through ice or if you sleeping on a ledge on the Timberwolf mountain summit while, unbeknownst to you, a freak blizzard rolled in while asleep leaving you to find all your clothes frozen solid and your bearskin bedroll ruined, only to fade into the long dark before you can even strip off your boots and coat. Yeah I'm still feeling that last run :(

Sorry to say, but that just sounds like bad planning. If you are sleeping outdoors next to a ledge, logic dictates that you only sleep in short intervals, in case the wind changes directions and blows out the fire. Another good thing is to have a piece of birchbark tea in a cup cooked NEXT (not on the cooking pad) the fire. That way, you wont just die because even if you wake up, you wont already be dead or close to it, and there is a big chance the tea will still be hot so you can use it to instantly heat up a bit. Or better yet- build a snow shelter if you are unsure. Couple of pieces of cloth are a small price to pay for safety. Either way, dying like that is an experience in itself, a good one to learn from :) 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

Sorry to say, but that just sounds like bad planning. If you are sleeping outdoors next to a ledge, logic dictates that you only sleep in short intervals, in case the wind changes directions and blows out the fire. Another good thing is to have a piece of birchbark tea in a cup cooked NEXT (not on the cooking pad) the fire. That way, you wont just die because even if you wake up, you wont already be dead or close to it, and there is a big chance the tea will still be hot so you can use it to instantly heat up a bit. Or better yet- build a snow shelter if you are unsure. Couple of pieces of cloth are a small price to pay for safety. Either way, dying like that is an experience in itself, a good one to learn from :) 

Yeah, definitely poor planning on my part. I didn't have enough firewood or birch bark tea, or energy consumables though, nor anything to build a snow shelter. I was climbing ropes down the summit and I had to escape a bear attack by climbing back up, by then I was too fatigued to move so I decided to sleep a couple hours. Then the blizzard came and wrecked my shit lol. But in this game you die and learn. 

Edited by one_shurbbery
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 4:55 PM, Mroz4k said:

There is. Exactly like what you said. You can double-click the item in the Clothing menu.

Thank you very much my friend. I see other players who have mastered the UI and I figure some of the tricks out on my own, but your advice is very appreciated my friend. +1 :coffee:

On 2/21/2021 at 4:13 PM, one_shurbbery said:

Yeah, definitely poor planning on my part. I didn't have enough firewood or birch bark tea, or energy consumables though, nor anything to build a snow shelter. I was climbing ropes down the summit and I had to escape a bear attack by climbing back up, by then I was too fatigued to move so I decided to sleep a couple hours. Then the blizzard came and wrecked my shit lol. But in this game you die and learn. 

I see. I have been where you are before as well, trust me. There is a highly pro move that I learned from the masters of the Interloper difficulties which involves tearing some of your own clothes for the cloth, to use for bandages, and sometimes, to build an emergency snow shelter as well. As long as you have sticks, and some worse pieces of clothes you can tear (I often for example carry spare gloves and socks of low quality in case my boots or gloves become frozen in my travels, to switch out). It may seem like its wanton wasting of clothing pieces, but if it gets the job done, it is more important  to survive a night then to keep a few extra pieces of clothing. Clothing can be replaced. 

However, I highly reccomend to sleep in short, 1-2 hr intervals when sleeping on exposed ledges. You regain less back, for sure, but it allows you to react to unforseen changes in weather. If this happened to me, I would take 2 hr sleeps, and if I woke up in a blizzard freezing, I would instantly pop an emergency stim and would climb out of there. I avoid using them as much as possible but there are just some moments in the game where you just have to use one to get out of a bad way.

3 hours ago, s7mar7in said:

Thank you very much my friend. I see other players who have mastered the UI and I figure some of the tricks out on my own, but your advice is very appreciated my friend. +1 :coffee:

Happy to be of assistance - good hunting!

------------

Back on topic. Was thinking more about this. Since the game does seem to prefer options to remove excessive clicking in the game, I suppose that this button would actually be useful in the end. Forgot to consider that perspective. But as someone with CTS issues I can appreciate the game for making some clicking easier on me. So, in the end, I guess I would not mind the button as a quality of life. Players can always choose on their own to use the button or not. 

Edited by Mroz4k