Player activity level effects body temperature

keylight

Currently, when walking around, even through the coldest of weather, no matter how much you walk your body temperature is not effected.

However, irl, even if it's really cold, you'll warm up after you've been walking for a bit. But if you walk too much, or too fast, with too much clothing, you'll get sweaty and then get colder after your activity stops.

This would add a whole new dynamic to the game: body temp management.

traveling too far too fast would be punished (inner layers of clothing would get wet first)

but you could travel longer through worse weather if you pace yourself correctly with the right amount of clothing. Perhaps even removing your hat, or layers of clothing to prevent sweating.

If you do get sweaty, you'd have to keep your activity level up until you can get to some shelter or build a fire and warm up/dry out.

I hope you like my idea!

Thanks!

• Upvote 4

I agree with you.  I’d like to see a body heat mechanic rather then the current “feels like” mechanic.  The current system is based on adding heat from clothing, where as, clothing only traps heat that a person is making.  But you are right on I think, a “too hot” mechanic should be added.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Derek0311 said:

The current system is based on adding heat from clothing, where as, clothing only traps heat that a person is making.

This is an interesting concept to discuss and consider @keylight.

• clothes layering is a very good real-life mechanic that would add much to the game.
  • excess heat causing inner layers to get wet is extremely interesting and motivation to carry dry clothes.
  • pace of travel to maintain body heat is adding value to calories, (calories as a resource/not just for sleeping to restore condition).

It would be good to start with a perk, providing a benefit first; for properly managing clothes layering, activity pace, calories and stamina.

Then adding the freezing of perspiration on inner clothing as a new risk would be better received by players.

Great concepts my friends. :coffee:

Edited by s7mar7in
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...