Revolver, again?

matchstick

Talking revolver again. Sorry to open a can of... The wiki says it's closest to a S&W model 27. With low stopping power I'm guessing it's the 38 special variant.

Why then do my spent casings drop on the ground after each shot? It's a wheel gun -- not a semi-auto pistol.

Also it's 1.5kg, which is 50 percent heaver than the model 27. I understand hinterland is canadian, and firearms are not as plentiful in the GWN... However these facts lead me to believe the devs don't have first hand experience with the revolver.

Ideas? Or perhaps I'm picking the nits... Just curious what other people think.  

Stay safe!

I've never experienced this. The casings explicitly don't fall on the ground until I reload.

I know this because I intentionally wait to replenish a spent round until I'm indoors or otherwise safe to recover the casing etc.

I play on PC and mostly in Stalker on Survival Mode (well, there aren't firearms on Interloper anyways). It's been long enough since I've played the story chapters where I don't remember if the revolver behaves any differently there with regards to casings. I think I saw from your previous posts that you play on Xbox One? So maybe it's unintended behavior specific to that platform (or to consoles in general)? I'm unfamiliar with what differences there may be between platforms.

• Like 1

@matchstick
I play on PC and have never experienced a single casing drop as you've described unless I reload after each shot.  Maybe it's a platform exclusive glitch as @HindsFiveSeven mentioned but it's the first time anyone has brought this up as an issue that I'm aware of.  Doesn't mean that it isn't happening to you however.  Maybe you are subconsciously reloading between shots fired?  As far as your point goes that the dev's may not have a lot of firearm training or experience goes, you're probably right about that hands down. 
Their lack of firearm familiarity doesn't necessarily impact the game play negatively although some players would argue that it does. 

Besides, this game is more about the survival bow anyways... ;)

8 hours ago, HindsFiveSeven said: I think I saw from your previous posts that you play on Xbox One? So maybe it's unintended behavior specific to that platform (or to consoles in general)? I'm unfamiliar with what differences there may be between platforms.

I use an Xbox and I have to reload to make cartridges fall

10 hours ago, matchstick said:

Why then do my spent casings drop on the ground after each shot?

They shouldn't (so that's likely a bug that you probably ought to report), because a revolver uses a cylinder... so the way we get the spent casing removed is to dump them out of said cylinder (which coincides with what you have to do in order to reload anyway :D).

If yours is indeed ejecting casing with each shot fired, you should probably report that on the support portal.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac

11 hours ago, matchstick said:

Sorry to open a can of... The wiki says it's closest to a S&W model 27.

Here is what Raph has said about this topic:
"If I tell you it's a XX calibre, you'll start comparing the in-game behavior to what you know of the real-world equivalent which is irrelevant. The Revolver is "good at deterring wolves" calibre and the Rifle is "better chance of taking down a Bear if you're lucky" calibre."

:coffee::fire::coffee:
So the short answer is that it's a revolver... the caliber is not specified (and as Raph specified isn't really relevant to gameplay)
Entries in the wiki on this topic are just speculative (as in what the author thinks the revolver most resembles).

Edited by ManicManiac

17 hours ago, matchstick said:

Also it's 1.5kg, which is 50 percent heaver than the model 27. I understand hinterland is canadian, and firearms are not as plentiful in the GWN... However these facts lead me to believe the devs don't have first hand experience with the revolver.

It's not just the revolver. Tools like the hatchet and knife, a lot of clothing, probably almost everything is at least double the weight it probably should be. The curious thing is why they don't just divide everything by two. All items and your carry weight. The balance would remain exactly the same but it would make it more realistic too. Sacrificing nothing while moving towards making a little more sense seems like something that should just be done.....but maybe I am missing something. Or perhaps they're trying to not make the meat situation seem even more crazy I am not sure.

3 hours ago, odizzido said:

It's not just the revolver. Tools like the hatchet and knife, a lot of clothing, probably almost everything is at least double the weight it probably should be. The curious thing is why they don't just divide everything by two. All items and your carry weight. The balance would remain exactly the same but it would make it more realistic too. Sacrificing nothing while moving towards making a little more sense seems like something that should just be done.....but maybe I am missing something. Or perhaps they're trying to not make the meat situation seem even more crazy I am not sure.

Considering, the community has been giving them the same feedback for over 4 years now and nothing has fundamentally changed
it's probably safe to say nothings gonna change anytime soon.  

It's a game!  A game and nothing more