The definition of insanity

TiffTastic

Is best defined by what happens when Tiffany meets a bear.

Bears are my bane lol. No trouble ever with wolves, but for some reason bears bring out the stupid in me. Then I get mauled. Then I pick the rifle back up, and rage shoot it in the butt. Then I get mauled again. Then I either shoot it again, cause time to double down on stupid, or if I’m not fully taken by the bear insanity, I frantically use bandages and try to live. Then, I’ll probably still shoot it again, cause screw you bear. This time, I’ll have been backing away, so maybe I get to shoot it a 4th time if it’s still alive, but not always, and that is the end, my friend.

Never said I’m rational lol. Usually I kill it. But not always. And sometimes I then freeze to death in the inevitable blizzard, likely nature’s wrath at my survival, which starts after I start harvesting yogi the jerk’s pelt. Since most of my clothes are now ruined, it happens fast too, and blows out my fire. Since I probably have gotten up to, say, get a drink, I come back to the black screen, the white letters, and me yelling epithets  like “go sit on a wasp infested cactus”. 

who I’m yelling this at, I’m not really sure. Does the lesson ever sink in you ask? Do I ever learn? How many 186 day sandboxes do I ruin by doing this?

Some questions have no answers, because the numbers seem to be infinite. And I never learn. Cause there’s something about Yogi the Tiff mauling jerk that just pisses me off.

Go sit on a cactus Yogi. The one with the wasps.

Tiff🦋

• Upvote 2

I have had quite a few "misunderstandings" with bears in the game as well. Once I tried to kill one with a Rifle and I got mauled. Survived, and there was a vehicle right by me where I could have taken shelter to patch up. But I decided to not tend to my wounds and shoot the bear in the butt. I was still alive after the second mauling, but died when I went into the vehicle to FINALLY try to apply first aid.

Very recently got a biting and clawing by a bear in Desolation Point in the Hibernia Processing Plant area. The bear just showing up there was a surprise in the first place and I ALMOST made it to the truck at the entrance, but...I did survive, but it was not fun. 

Another incident with bears in Desolation Point for me is that I was going home to Lonely Lighthouse when the bear was on the bridge above Matt's Truck. It roared and started charging at me. As you can imagine, I was in a panic and hurtled down the slope and received some bruises, torn clothes and a sprained ankle and hand. But I did escape the bear and patch myself up in Matt's Truck. 

• Upvote 1

Heh we must play so differently. I have been mauled by bears twice ever that I can recall. Once outside of hibernia while I was harvesting a wolf and the other time near the radio tower in pleasant valley. I was taking a way with a lot of blind corners and by the time I saw the bear I was way too close. I do imagine you have more hours in the game than I do. I don't think I have made it past day 100 or so.

The first time I ever tried killing a bear I managed to get in what I thought was a good position. It was pretty high and the bear would have to run pretty far to get me so I took my first shot and it just started charging after me. Good thing its path was so long because it took that long to shoot it enough for it to die maybe 3-4 meters from my face. That got my heart rate up.

But yeah, I always avoid bears unless I both have a reason to kill them and am in a good position to do so. Same with wolves and other animals, I often leave them alone because I wouldn't benefit from killing them. Wolves have the nice benefit of coming right to you if you want food though. Just load up on some guts. They love delivering their meat to you.

Some wolves are so for giving you their meat that they deliver it without you even ordering it. You're like, no wolf I am really not that hungry, and it's like oh are you sure? Look how tasty I look. Yeah, no wolf really I am okay thank you. Then it's like, I insist you eat me and it's just like fine as the arrow goes into wolf number 50's brain.

Edited by odizzido
  • Like 2

Bears, hills, an aurora, and waterfalls are a deadly combination.  The bear senses you from stupidly far away, the waterfall completely covers the sound.  You'll be walking along, flashlight in hand ready to scare off the odd wolf.  Then suddenly WHAM, a freight train of hate and hunger surprise tackles you from behind, and thanks to the waterfall you didn't even hear it coming.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Bears, hills, an aurora, and waterfalls are a deadly combination.  The bear senses you from stupidly far away, the waterfall completely covers the sound.  You'll be walking along, flashlight in hand ready to scare off the odd wolf.  Then suddenly WHAM, a freight train of hate and hunger surprise tackles you from behind, and thanks to the waterfall you didn't even hear it coming.

This one understands our pain...

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1