Ok, I like a challenge, but this is getting ridiculous....

TiffTastic

So I’m currently on coastal highway, and I’m stuck in the Quonset. Why? Cause outside are the following bitey things: at LEAST 4 wolves, two of which I wounded in struggles, a bear, and a damn moose! The bear was standing and bellowing when I sprinted past it with the moose chasing me, after I fought the two wolves. Ive got about 40% of my health left. Ive never seen a collection of that many bitey things in one place.im thinking I’m just gonna have to abandon some stuff in the Quonset for now, sprint to the house on the hill, and nuke this place from orbit (lol snipe em one at a time from afar)....

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

... crouch, sprint, cars/trucks, stones ...
Between these basic tools a player can learn ways to more easily come and go as they please from the Quonset Garage.

I know it seems overwhelming at first, but hang in there and keep trying out different methods until you find what works best for you.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Also, the moose is only a temporary short term visitor... the bear might drop by from time to time... and those wolves will also tend to spend time out on the ice as well...

My point is, it may be congested right now... but the odds are, it won't stay that way for very long. :)

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Guest jeffpeng

Pretty much echoing @ManicManiac. The moose and the bear pretty much solve themselves soon-ish, the wolves are pretty blind and exiting the building crouched and with no smellies in inventory will give you the drop on them 99% of the time (that 1% you'll still get you face chewed properly, however). Dodging in and out of cars is a valid strategy at that location as much as misdirecting them with stones.

All that being said .... you pretty much summed up why I avoid Quonset.

This probably isn't anything new but I found the perfect spot to fight off cabin fever at the garage. The left fire seems to be wind-proof where it's at. I've had blizzards blow from every direction and it stays lit. The right one, not so much. Sleep, craft, and read in the truck.

screen_f7dfdb14-a0ac-4072-ac3b-c2593c600dfa_hi.png

• Like 1

Guest jeffpeng
3 hours ago, stirfoo said:

Get all the bitey stompy things bagged and skinned and the garage is actually a nice place to hang out. I didn't think that was going to be possible on interloper but with enough persistence...

Well, it's not like it stays that way.

3 hours ago, stirfoo said:

This probably isn't anything new but I found the perfect spot to fight off cabin fever at the garage. The left fire seems to be wind-proof where it's at. I've had blizzards blow from every direction and it stays lit. The right one, not so much. Sleep, craft, and read in the truck.

That fire is one of those 99%ers. But I can confirm that it's not a 100% safe.

On 10/14/2020 at 2:15 PM, TiffTastic said:

So I’m currently on coastal highway, and I’m stuck in the Quonset. Why? Cause outside are the following bitey things: at LEAST 4 wolves, two of which I wounded in struggles, a bear, and a damn moose! The bear was standing and bellowing when I sprinted past it with the moose chasing me, after I fought the two wolves. Ive got about 40% of my health left. Ive never seen a collection of that many bitey things in one place.im thinking I’m just gonna have to abandon some stuff in the Quonset for now, sprint to the house on the hill, and nuke this place from orbit (lol snipe em one at a time from afar)....

Oh no, you've just described the TLD Cinderella Battle of the Heavyweights!  I'm so envious of you right now!  

I'm curious how it will all play out for you.   There's some good suggestions for coping with the bitey menace outside so let us know more about how you fare.  
I think it will be a lot easier than you anticpate(d).  I think if you cut those wolves during your wolf struggle, they are gonna bleed out and die if wait it out for a bit and if not the bear should drive the wolves away if he is nearby.  If that's the case, you just need to dance with  Yogi and Bullwinkle.  

How exciting for you!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Ok, so I ducked out real fast and shot the bear, as he was walking in front of the station, and I ducked back in. Bear wasn’t an instakill so I went to bed and recovered condition and I spent about 3 hours repairing torn clothing. Checked stats and bear dead is now 2, so bye bye buddy. Sprinted to house on hill and.....nothing. The moose went to somewhere not here,and the two wolves are out on the ice. Never found the bear, so that stinks, but I grabbed my gear and I’ve decided to visit desolation point. So bye bye Quonset, it’s been real....

Tiff🦋

1 hour ago, TiffTastic said:

Ok, so I ducked out real fast and shot the bear, as he was walking in front of the station, and I ducked back in. Bear wasn’t an instakill so I went to bed and recovered condition and I spent about 3 hours repairing torn clothing. Checked stats and bear dead is now 2, so bye bye buddy. Sprinted to house on hill and.....nothing. The moose went to somewhere not here,and the two wolves are out on the ice. Never found the bear, so that stinks, but I grabbed my gear and I’ve decided to visit desolation point. So bye bye Quonset, it’s been real....

Tiff🦋

That bear is one of two places, either just above the Quonset  near the trailer between deer clearing, or back down in the vicinity of the bear den via the lakeside cabins on your way to DP.  And when you get to DP, you'll probably find the moose on the bridge waiting for you!

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2020 at 3:00 AM, jeffpeng said:

Well, it's not like it stays that way.

Yes! Should have said it's a nice place to hang out ... for a while :)

On 10/15/2020 at 3:00 AM, jeffpeng said:

That fire is one of those 99%ers. But I can confirm that it's not a 100% safe.

Well that's good to know. I wont be too disappointed when it goes poof one day.