I'm not recovering?

selachias

So a while ago I was playing TLD and took on my first ever moose! I play on Pilgrim because I'm a weenie and have hardly fired the rifle so it was a LONG battle - but I finally got him! In the struggle I was trampled...BUT I LIVED! I decided to hang out up on Marsh Ridge and let the hide cure in the cave while I nursed my wounds.

The hide is now about 60% done and I should be all healed up... But I'm not. The counter says 1 out of 120 hours left and it's been saying that for going on two in-game days. I've slept, I passed the time, I've done it all. This injury is preventing me from using the rope to climb down into the Muskeg (which is annoying but not a complete game breaker as I could go through the cave system).

The problem for me is that I don't want to be at a diminished carry-weight for the rest of my play-through!!! Is this a bug that other people have run into? Am I going to have to keep playing with 50-some pound carrying weight forever? Should I just get rid of my save and start over? I don't want to do that. I made some really awesome progress on this save and I have big plans! Help please :(

All you related was that you rested to heal up. 

Did you check the Status screen and examine the affliction and what was needed to recover from it?  

I am sure that pain killers - either pills or cup of rose hip tea - need to be taken.  The status screen for that should show a check mark √  to indicate if it was done.  Might be worth checking that. 

I had a weird thing happen yesterday. Was outside in I blizzard, and my rabbit mittens were soaked in snow / ice, so they lost their protective value.

Got the frost bite warning, with a risk of 60%.

Went into Camp Office, and waited 6 hours. Frost bite risk remained at 60%. I was all warmed up. The Forst bite risk only disappeared hours late rin the middle of the night while I was sleeping. Really strange. I have a feeling that the latest release has some bug.

-t

1 hour ago, turtle777 said:

Went into Camp Office, and waited 6 hours. Frost bite risk remained at 60%.

This happened to me once.  For me, it turned out that the issue had to do specifically with the ambient air temperature and not the "feels like" temperature.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Here was my experience, the advice other's had for me, and how it turned out:

On 6/18/2019 at 8:20 PM, Ice Hole said:

The feels like temperature can be deceptive.

Has the air temperature gone above freezing?  For instance have you lit a fire and brought the air temperature above zero degree Celsius.

On 6/19/2019 at 8:19 PM, Ice Hole said:

My experience was getting frostbite risk then going under the covers in bed.  The feels temperature like was positive so I slept and woke to frostbite damage.   That is why I stated that the feels like temperature can be deceptive.

On 6/19/2019 at 8:01 PM, ManicManiac said:

I never put it together that the ambient temp would prevent frost bite recovery (especially how warm and toasty I generally am under all my layers)... thanks again for pointing this out.  It wasn't a bug after all, I just didn't fully understand the forces at work :D 

Prior to this I just hadn't used the fire to get the ambient temperature above freezing...  

On 6/19/2019 at 10:02 PM, ManicManiac said:

Yes, the part about needing to get the ambient temp up in order to "heal" the affliction risk, is something I'd not encountered before.  I've been living on Timberwolf Mountain for about 3 in-game months now so the ambient temp in the Mountaineer's Hut is never naturally above 0*C.  Though last night, when I loaded it up again and did use a bit of coal to get the fire up to 80*C as fast as possible, I did see the risk finally abate and pass...  I honestly didn't know about recovering being tied to ambient temp... so I thank you both for that info.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

Thank you all so much for your helpful tips and comments! I went back in last night to check on what @UTC-10 had mentioned about having treated the affliction as well as resting through it. I remember doing so immediately after being trampled—I went running toward the nearest rock as fast as my trampled legs could take me and did the treatments there! But when I checked last night I only had one check mark beside the bandage icon and nothing beside the pain pills. Evidently I never took any pain medication, or the game didn't register my taking it.

That seems odd so it might be that @turtle777 is right and this is a bug with the recent update. Either way, it's all sorted now and I've managed to find my way into Broken Railroad and I'm having a great time exploring there. Thanks again everyone!

• Like 1

Always check the status if treating or going to treat an affliction.  I recall times when one might be taking pain killers to treat a sprain that needed a bandage and the game will let you and tell you "that treatment did not do anything".  I think the game has gotten better about that.