In-Game OCD's

Niskavuori

What in-game OCD habbit do you have?

Mine is hunting 5 - 7 rabbits and skinning them, when ever I arrive in a new part of a map. And drie them. So, if I ever come back, I've good supply of skins to repair my mittens and hat.  I also bring a few dried guts to new areas with me. And I do this, even now, in Winter's Embrace, although I know, that this "challnege" will end. And it would be better just keep hunting those Maple Syrup bottles.

19 minutes ago, JMK said:

Yes, there's no use playing Winter's Embrace the usual way. It's about moving and looting 😉

More easy to say than to do, I am curing a moose skin lol.

In WE, my whole game style is, "find good clothing", no hunting, carry a pistol only, get coffee, run, find syrup, repeat. loot all maps. 

At some point after "early game", i only loot "coffee, chips, syrup, & revolver rounds". Literally running everywhere, drinking coffee. Its all about those syrups for me. 

**As far as my normal game OCD, it would be trapping rabbits, skinning rabbits, and cooking rabbits. that ends up being half of most of the days until i move onto a different region (and start again) 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JMK said:

Yes, there's no use playing Winter's Embrace the usual way. It's about moving and looting 😉

More easy to say than to do, I am curing a moose skin lol.

=P Yeah, several wolf skins, and a couple of bear hides and the necessary moose skin - a simple must in this game 😃

• Upvote 1

always carry a minimum of 3 sticks, maximum of 8.  only carry revolver ammo in multiples of 6, and rifle ammo in multiples of 5.  

I only feel comfortable when I've got a 'survival kit' in each location in a region- 3 sticks and a piece of timber, 3 matches, bandage, some form of antiseptic and antibiotic, hat and gloves if possible , 250-300 cal inc. something I can warm up,  .50l water, tin can, flare, piece of cloth, sewing kit or tackle.

I also store items in larger bases in a particular way in the 4 drawer office containers (there's a better word for them but it escapes me now!):

top- fire/fuel/ medical supplies

2nd down: clothes, sewing equipment

3rd: food and drink

bottom: tools, ammo, other materials (except for craftables which go into a workbench drawer if available).

and 6 hob cookers MUST have an even/symmetrical distribution of cans and saucepans

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

and 6 hob cookers MUST have an even/symmetrical distribution of cans and saucepans

+1 to that!  :D

I also have to completely map all regions in every game i play, i's a chore...but i can't not do it!

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one but the main OCD I have in this game is that if stuff I'm carrying is on the floor or a shelf instead of inside a container then it has to look neat and organized. EG Flares in a single row laying vertically. Also one item category per shelf, EG, if one shelf is food and drinks then nothing else will go on that shelf. Apparently because if I have things unorganized, I'm blind and can't find my stuff then panic thinking I left it elsewhere LOL :D 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2020 at 12:51 AM, PrincessAutumn said:

[stuff] has to look neat and organized. EG Flares in a single row laying vertically. Also one item category per shelf, EG, if one shelf is food and drinks then nothing else will go on that shelf.

This.  Also I keep a detailed journal of where said perfectly displayed items are. :)

• Upvote 1