If I Play on Interloper Will I Find This Challenging at All?

Pharose

1 hour ago, Killerboom204 said:

I don't follow, you said survival was based purely on luck, now, you're backpeddling on that point entirely, nothing was misread at all. If you wanted to convey a different point, then you coulda shoulda woulda used different words. You said life was in the hands of RNGesus, and, in lieu of how stupid that sounds, have started back-peddling on that statement, like a politician would do. Somebody get this guy a job as an elected official! 

I've seen you play, trust me, there's no misunderstanding here, just a fundamental gap of knowledge between us about the game we're playing, I plan my days out in advance, so I don't die weeks later because I used all my supplies doing stupid stuff that wasn't beneficial to long-term survival, &, well, you don't. You just kinda, meander about, and anything you need gets handed to you, or you die. 

The difficulty you play is custom, intestinal parasites only last 10 days instead of 20 on custom, it's almost impossible to survive intestinal parasites with a 20-day-duration, but 10 days is peanuts. There's also overpowered clothing items like military jackets & fisherman's sweaters that don't spawn on interloper, on custom. Just cuz you tweaked some settings and called it "harder" than interloper doesn't mean Jack-squat, cuz, well, you're perspective on difficulty is a little jank. Speaking of which, can someone from hinterland change that? It would be nice to change some of the settings for quality of life reasons, without making the game extremely easy. "Losing isn't fun, that's why the enemy team, isn't gonna have any!" -Toxic pathfinder.

-KB204, Fan of the PAYDAY crew. 

@Killerboom204..... @Hadrian isn't saying he relies on luck (as some of his critics have said). Which I agree with as a long time viewer of his channel. He plays with most settings on Interloper, some settings like weapon spawns a bit easier so he doesn't have to beeline to the forge everytime which would get repetitive for a YouTube series, and some settings harder than Interloper. I'd say it averages out at an 'almost interloper' level difficulty. Add to that, he plays while also concentrating on a running commentary of jokes, stories, and other thoughts as he plays... which means the guy is playing near-Interloper with only 2/3 of his mental focus.

Also, he caps his series at 100 days. He doesn't HAVE to plan out his survival way in advance as you mention that you do. With a cap on survival length he can feel free to be a bit more cavalier in order to keep the series more interesting for viewers.

Your criticism @Killerboom204is not warranted. Nor worth your energy.

Edited by Sherri
  • Upvote 4

Thanks, @Sherri! That really means a lot.

At this juncture I'd suggest we all adjourn our back-and-forth, as it's not contributing meaningfully to the thread on which we're having it.

This will be my last reply, and I encourage those connected to this little tangent to follow suit.

Cheers.

-H

• Upvote 3
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Hadrian said:

Thanks, @Sherri! That really means a lot.

At this juncture I'd suggest we all adjourn our back-and-forth, as it's not contributing meaningfully to the thread on which we're having it.

This will be my last reply, and I encourage those connected to this little tangent to follow suit.

Cheers.

-H

Agreed. I really need to get better at detecting when I'm debating with a teenager. LOL

On 6/30/2020 at 8:43 PM, Pharose said:

I prefer to play Survival Mode on Interloper Difficulty. Will I find this game mode challenging at all? I'm only 1 hour into my game so far and I've got tons of good loot and I already got to the point where I'm warmer in this mode than my interloper games. Is the temperature going to plummet pretty soon or is this going to a cake-walk for an experienced play like myself?

Please stick on this topic. If your reply isn't about this, and is instead a critique of other people's gameplay or YouTube videos then please find another venue to share that.

There are all different skill levels of players who play the game, and people like all different types of experiences. Also there's all sorts of reasons someone would prefer one over the other. As long as you find an experience that you enjoy within The Long Dark you should be happy. Let's focus on the thread topic which is helping the original poster find the experience they'll enjoy the most.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 3

On 7/21/2020 at 9:54 AM, Hadrian said:

I've had a rough go of it these past 6-9 months, partly due to to what the world is going through, but what I'm reading smacks of someone boiling over with frustration and anger and I just want you to know that I feel you.

@Hadrian I hate that things have been hard for you, but I'm glad to see even this won't dim your hopeful spirit. It's one of the big reasons I enjoy your TLD vids. You play to entertain and bring joy and your fans appreciate it. 

Keep on keepin' on my dude ❤️

Edited by Gracia_WolfSlayer
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1