Winter's Embrace : Game is not saving on key events (sleep, pass time, discover new areas) : Quit is Disabled in the menu

Vegas

QUIT is permanently disabled in my game menu. Game events which have normally saved the game in the past -- like sleeping, pass time, entering/leaving buildings, discovering new landmarks -- are not initiating the spinner which indicates game save.

... Am I expected to play 25 days in one sitting to meet the Badge goals?

Thank you,

Vegas

I got to day 6 in my Winter's Embrace save before I ran out of time to play and had to just hard-close TLD. The Quit option just wasn't there and there was nothing I could do to indicate my progress was being saved at all. I need to do other things on my computer and can't just leave the game running in the background indefiinitely.

I loaded the game back up out of curiosity, and the last saved progress was 1D 11H 58M.

... But hey, the QUIT menu option was back so that is a win, right? :/

In frustration, Vegas

• Upvote 2

Unfortunately it's not. The response I got from support was to submit my saved game files, but if I had rebooted the game -- even without loading a saved game file -- they would be rewritten. So given that I rebooted to see if/what I had lost, I could not submit them.

The good news is that I was able to immediately start a new game file, and within the hour the problem was replicated. Yeah... so then I was able to submit the back-up files. So that's the good news, I guess... /s

Very disappointed with this "game update" and the limited time to complete it,
Vegas

Edited by Vegas

I had a similar experience a couple weeks ago. (I play on Xbox) Loaded my save, played for 2 hours, turned off the console after sleep. 

Next day, loaded the game, It seemed to have stopped saving about 30 minutes into my last session. --- since this point, I always check to make sure it reads "saving" and or check to make sure "quit" is available. It has only happened once, but it really sucks losing progression. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Vegas said:

Very disappointed with this "game update" and the limited time to complete it

Bugs can happen.  I know I'm not experiencing this issue, and we are likely playing the same build number.

This event is a month long, that's far longer than the Four Days of Night event (which is usually four literal real-time days - for the duration of the event that is), so I don't see much to complain about the length of time we have to participate in this one.  :D

I'd recommend just continuing to try to work with the support team.  I'm sure they could fix it for you, if they can nail down what the specific technical problem is.

:coffee::fire:

Edited by ManicManiac

As, I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm back after a year a way from TLD.  Last night I played for several hours straight and kept thinking "I've never had a game that felt like coming back home, until this one."  Little did I know it was really Hotel California!

Played from game-time from something to day 16.  Tried to quit-out at 2am local time.  Like the OP, the "Quit" option was greyed out.  Then I noticed that the typical events that cause the Hatchet to appear (save game), were not.  Left with no choice I killed from the task manager.  Logged back in to see where the last save was: Day 7 (might be where I started, I don't really know).  Heh, ah well.  It was fun all the same.

I filed the bug with Hinterland before knocking off.

So a word of warning to others, keep an eye out for the hatchet icon.

Now my only conundrum is whether I continue with that game, knowing exactly what awaits me in two zones -- which is rather boring.

• Like 1

Same here, I've filed a bug report.  Its always frustrating to lose several hours of a game @Vegas but hopefully they can hot fix this soon.  It would be a shame if I couldn't get these badges too because of bugs.  Fingers crossed!

Hi folks,

same here. And such a good progress it was: day 8, tons of food, very good and repaired clothing (warmth bonus 14 °C), steadily gaining sustainability, survived supply-run to the Dam (got surprised by the wolf, freezing and over-weighted, had to make emergency fire in the upper cave and made it to the Camp Office during freezing and windy night, barely)... I lost about hour or so and have an automatic backup (regular backup via Acronis). The good side of this is I have been given a second chance returning from the damn Dam. :) Looking forward to get this fixed though.