Why can't we build a Travois?

Greatbeareater40

Travois, a type of sledge formerly used by North American Indians to carry goods. A travois would help us move things that easily make an outting to get food into a much easier venture. Adding a book that would teach skills  that would expand our abilities In-game would widen our abiility to survive for longer and make the game even more enjoyable.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travois

As a means to increase the capacity to move stuff, a travois would fall into the same category as a sled especially since the game does not have horses or dogs so the character would have to physically use the device by him or herself.   

If the intent was not to increase carrying capacity, then there is no need for such a device.  if the intent was to increase carrying capacity then how it would impact the character and interact with the environment would make implementation difficult.  Defining the actual construction of such a device would be the easy part. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 9:04 AM, acada said:

The sledge could be good for hauling whole base equip. But from my POV (little kid in me talking) what if I build one, drag it empty on top of some slope and then UIIIIIII? 

haha yeah will never have some fun in tld he always walks and fight big dogs