Sewing machine

BossDeveault

That would be interesting. However,  I'd like to gently point out: since you'd spend a lot of time waiting for an aurora that you would need for this, I do believe it'd be faster to just use the conventional methods. Now, that being said, if it were to allow you to craft animal hide clothing at a time discount, I could see it as being useful to some.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Instead of this, I think they should simply make the higher levels of Mending easier to obtain or add additional ways of obtaining skill points (like crafting animal items or head/hand wraps). It takes a ridiculous number of repair jobs just to get from level 4 to 5 as it is.

• Upvote 1

On 6/3/2020 at 2:10 AM, wilsonaka said:

That would be interesting. However,  I'd like to gently point out: since you'd spend a lot of time waiting for an aurora that you would need for this, I do believe it'd be faster to just use the conventional methods. Now, that being said, if it were to allow you to craft animal hide clothing at a time discount, I could see it as being useful to some.

Keep the suggestions coming!

It wouldn't be a early game tool since like you said it is just simpler to use a sewing kit but more of a late game tool for when you have used all your sewing kit.

15 hours ago, ToAsT said:

Instead of this, I think they should simply make the higher levels of Mending easier to obtain or add additional ways of obtaining skill points (like crafting animal items or head/hand wraps). It takes a ridiculous number of repair jobs just to get from level 4 to 5 as it is.

This. I have a run where I'm going for skilled survivor, and of course mending is the slowest to advance by far. In fact, since the recent update I decided to add Faithful Cartographer to the goal, and despite already being skill level 4 in mending when I made that decision, it's clear I'll finish FC long before I reach skill 5 in mending. It's ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dr. S. said:

This. I have a run where I'm going for skilled survivor, and of course mending is the slowest to advance by far. In fact, since the recent update I decided to add Faithful Cartographer to the goal, and despite already being skill level 4 in mending when I made that decision, it's clear I'll finish FC long before I reach skill 5 in mending. It's ridiculous.

I was doing the same in this run. I just got it on the 200th day on pilgrim after depleting ML, MT, and raiding parts of the other regions of their cloth items - this after finding old clothing scattered around to repair, wandering for hours in blizzards, intentionally getting mauled by several bears, and dropping down from cliffs. It's completely insane.

I am all for the aurora having more of an impact. I quite like the idea.

I would be all for ovens and other simple electrical items working too. It would give the aurora a special feeling. More so. I already like it and it feels cool.

Personally, I'm good with the skill progression.  I agree it's slow to get to level 5, but the bonuses are all pretty considerable.  In my current run I think I'm still only at level 3... but with a sewing kit my "chance of success" is already 95%.  Another way I like to boost the skill progression is to always leave behind the best "back up clothing" I find in each region and make sure it all gets mended up before I leave the region for the next.  This way I can do more mending that I wouldn't need to do if I only bothered with mending the gear I'm wearing.

:coffee::fire:
All things considered, I guess I just don't see a need for an aura powered sewing machine.  Especially considering how infrequently one would be able to use it... I don't think it would provide much benefit.