Kicking myself

JohnB

As a relatively new player to survival mode games I was happy to pass thec50 days landmark. On day 60 I was overloaded and headed back to my base, being close to home I decided to bag a deer, whilst harvesting the carcase I was caught in a blizzard, totally disorientated I finally succumbed to the long dark due to exposure. 

Will start another survival attempt tomorrow 

• Like 1

Welcome to club. My last wandering in blizzard was more sucessfull. It happened I found a cave, where I could sleep a few hours (it was night and my character was tired). After that weather cleared out and I start to head to the Mountaneer cabin. What was my surprise the cave I slept in was the bear cave and the rightful owner was comming home. One more hour of sleep and I would descent to long dark as well.

oof, i usually take a week off or so between decent runs. i only play an hour or so a day so a 50 day run can take weeks.   that feeling when you lose a long run is so despressing, just like shock and sadness lol

On 5/26/2020 at 5:52 PM, odium said:

...that feeling when you lose a long run is so despressing, just like shock and sadness lol

your post reminded me of the time I lost my first long play character.  I'd been playing this survival sandbox for literally 6 months and had just reached 486 days when I "accidentally" fell off the bridge by the maintenance yard while exploring when the Broken Railroad update came out. 
...ahhh, the sadness was real!

• Upvote 1