Save Game Reset

Ice Hole

The game creates a save point when getting a sprain.  The game creates a save point when entering a building.   Had a sprain.  Then entered a building I then exited.  Quit and back to main menu.  Reload save and I was back where I got the sprain.  The save file from entering the building was not available.  Happened once and unable to recreate this bug for now.

Similar experience for me yesterday. When I resumed the game it didn’t go to my last save (inside the mine from CH to PV) but to the previous one (entering one of the houses in coastal townsite). I thought I had messed up somehow but maybe not. 

• Upvote 1

I have had this happen intermittently on very old games where I have made a ton of changes to the world.  (Mapping, breaking things down, etc.)  When I would make frequent area transitions, like if I were going into my coastal highway house to grab a couple cooked fish, start cooking raw fish, go back outside to put the cooked fish in the snow...over and over and over.  At some point I would go indoors and see that it had failed to save, and invariably on my next attempt to re-enter the building, the game would crash and I would be set back about 2 saves.  It hasn't happened for quite some time, although then again I haven't been living at the coastal highway in quite some time.

• Upvote 1

This just happened again.

The save game was at a sprain.  After the sprain I headed for a cave and slept through the night hour by hour to avoid freezing in case a blizzard arrived.  I then retired from the game and when i reloaded and returned I was back at the sprain save point The game had plenty opportunities to save and failed each time.  This is very worrisome as progress can be easily erased.

• 2 weeks later...